Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to say that I have lost all control of my beasts and somehow I find it funny. Yesterday I came home from work to.....ZOOMIES IN THE HOUSE. The Doberman has taught the pit bull (apparently while I was at work this lesson was taking place) and they were doing full fledged zoomies when I walked in....between the chairs, over the chairs, through the dining room, around the dining room table, into the bedroom, over the bed, around the bed....you get the picture.

I just stood there and laughed (and quickly moved out of the way).....my bf has been out of town now for two weeks and this is what my world has come to.....just thought I would share. :)

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Wow, you're brave letting them loose in the house unsupervised! LOL! I'd never be able to do that.

Zoomies aren't allowed in our house, it's an outside activity only...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
We allow zoomies only because they do it on a straight away between the dining room and living room. If they start adding table of PEOPLE (uuugh) to the mix, everyone gets a time out or a good settle.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Sounds like they have found a great way to entertain themselves at home. Give me zoomies any day rather than digging holes in the couch, bed, chewing table legs off or they could always try to bury something under the carpet. Nothing worse than a doberman with pent up energy!!!!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did eventually make them stop...I was just so surprised to walk into that...it was almost like they didn't hear me walk up to the front door. They have never done them in the house to my knowledge, but the ironic part was that the back door was open so they could have gone into the backyard at any time....no idea why the house was so appealing.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Don't know what your backyard looks like, but my dogs alway liked the obstacles to run over and around. The yard I have now is more boring than the previous one.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Glad they were having fun but is it a good idea to leave a pit and dobe alone unattended? Not trying to be a downer but it's not something I personally would recommend.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I can imagine Dozer and his friend Uma the pit bull doing the same thing. But I call it "jacked up on mt.dew" and if you've seen Talledega Nights you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Oh I find them totally adorable when they are having a good time. They love each other and are inseparable. Linda, you are right....I looked at the backyard and the house is definately a much better obstacle course. LOL....I wonder if this is a daily occurence while I am at work? If it is then props to them for never having me find out until now...and I need to catch it on video. They didn't knock anything over so I am fine with it. I know, I am not very strict....they just make me laugh so hard that I enjoy their nuttiness. "Jacked up on Mt. Dew" totally describes it....lol.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
hehe! I love the zoomies!! Coco gets sooo mad and concerned when duchess gets them in the "zoomie room" before bed time lol. He barks at duchess...bites the pillow...pounces huffs and puffs lol.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
we get House Zoomies when Aunt Jenn is here...
Aunt Jenn instigates it though. Aunt Jenn usually ends up on her butt in the middle of the living room with a big red doberlope pouncing all over her

goofie damned dogs!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Oh I find them totally adorable when they are having a good time. They love each other and are inseparable. Linda, you are right....I looked at the backyard and the house is definately a much better obstacle course. LOL....I wonder if this is a daily occurence while I am at work? If it is then props to them for never having me find out until now...and I need to catch it on video. They didn't knock anything over so I am fine with it. I know, I am not very strict....they just make me laugh so hard that I enjoy their nuttiness. "Jacked up on Mt. Dew" totally describes it....lol.
You know I was just thinking that I ought to make my yard more interesting and this is something for all of us to think about if we are not the "pristine, gotta have a perfect yard" type person or not married to one.
I know a dirt mound (hopefully with grass on it at some point) would be great. Just putting out things to jump over and run around would be neat.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Lol. Strike gets zoomies in the house.... at night.

You hear all this thumping upstairs and then he blast downstairs onto the couch round the table and back up again! lol, its really funny with his curly tail and white socked feet in a playbow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts