Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I’m going shopping to get all the supplies I’ll need to post my pup’s ears BUT I’ve been having a hard time finding zonas tape that isn’t 2-inches wide. Someone recommended that I use paper tape from Johnson & Johnson. Has anyone else done this?

·
Big Lil pup
6,735 Posts
Hi L.

Paper tape will cause you problems. You can order Zonas tape on line. We get it from Amazon by the box.

Better yet... Below I've copied and pasted a comment about tape from dobebug who is one of the go-to members here when it comes to ear posting:

"Zonas tape is rarely carried anyplace except in specialty medical supply stores and they are few and far between. But it's worth knowing that the Johnson & Johnson Sports tape (used to be called Coach tape) is exactly the same product. That's been confirmed by product information at J & J. I think that you can get the Sports tape in different widths that haven't been available as Zonas in a long time.

Most vet clinics carry Zonas but that's a really expensive way to buy it--a box from Amazon is a much better deal. But I've been able to get the J & J Sport tape in 1-1/2" or 1" from a variety of drug stores. Around her (Portland, Oregon) some Walmarts, some Walgreen's and several of the smaller chains carry it.

And since I work on other peoples puppies I keep it around because even when I give them a list of products to bring while I teaching them to post ears or doing for them they still bring the wrong tape saying that the sales clerk said it would work as well. Other tapes don't. And the other tape that some vet clinics carry is one by Curity--I've used it a couple of times because it was the only thing we had at a dog show--that stuff is so sticky it's hard to remove even with the best of the adhesive solvents.

Just an FYI for the times when you run out and absolutely need something to post an ear with."

dobebug

Hope this helps!

John LIchtwardt
Portland OR

BTW, 2" Zonas is really easy to rip into 1'strips. Just make a little slit in the middle of one end and pull apart. It's actually cheaper that way! LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought my Zonas tape online using two separate stores, Healthy Pets and Revival Animal Health. I had good experiences with both and they were cheaper than Amazon.

I used paper tape when I was in a pinch between boxes and it just didn't work and I don't recommend, like others above have said.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Johnson & Johnson JJ5104 Zonas Porous Adhesive Tape, 1" x 10", White (Box of 12)

I got this from Amazon - took 2 box's for our little girl , btw - just reminder - since your looking for tape - Uni- Solve works very well to get the tape off : ))

·
Super Moderator
15,608 Posts
You can cut a roll of 2" in half with a really sharp kitchen knife in a pinch. Guard tex finger tape also works great for taping ears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts