Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here ever feed Ziwi Peak. It sounds great and expensive.:) I am just kind of thinking about buying a bag and adding to kibble similar to adding the raw meat like I do some now. Just wondered if anyone has experience with it.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I can't afford their "dry" food but it's what I'd probably feed if I were to win the lottery or something. That being said, I do feed their canned every so often. I've never had any issues from it and Dreizehn LOVES it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi LindaH

I feed it to my girls and they are golden! No but seriously. I get about 2 TINY poops a day, my 5 month old is even thriving on it and you dont really use THAT much of it since the cup they give you is so small.

Initially I used them as training treats for my older girl and then when I got my new girl I just switched them both over on to it instead of their normal kibble. No ill effects at all, not one runny poo. Their coats are beautiful, they dont fart and they just glow.. plus I feel really good about feeding it to them because I like the ingredients list. I use the Venison and Fish and now I dont have to supplement omega 3 etc.

It is around $159 a 5.5 kilo bag (AUS dollars). My older girl is staying with my parents and I opened this new bag around a week ago and there is tons left. So for one 5 month old puppy it is going a long way. Granted I give her bones in the middle of the day sometimes but if I couldnt afford the whole bag I would definitely mix it in with another salmon based kibble.

Gosh I sound like I work for them dont I? hehe

Edited to add: dogs love the taste, I took some out to a local show with me and some dogs sniffed me out instead of my mate who had cooked sausage!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dry/dehydrated is what I am semi interested in trying. Your lotto comment reminded me of how poor I am, so my interest downgraded to semi.:laughing: Where do you pick up the canned?

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Nightgrace6, the venison fish is the one I looked at. I think its $135 here, unless I am thinking of a cheaper one. Are bags resealable by chance? And are those tiny poops solid gold, at least?:)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Howdy! Nah thats probably the correct price in US dollars. Bags are resealable (zip lock) but I keep that bag inside another container just in case. It resembles a soft jerky and looks like it to. I have never had an issue with mold or it "going off" etc although I think it specifies that it has to be used within a certain time of opening.
Poops are solid gold, seriously like a large cat or small dog. I have to hunt for them now! I am very happy with it and so are my dogs.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I feed a premade frozen raw. And tried ziwi to make it easier when at shows and traveling. My guys loved it.. There gas was higher then normal LOL. And never 100% solid. I wish they had a way to put bone in it. It has a lot of organ meat. In my store we sell the venison and fish for 137$
I mix in with with there raw and there great with it just not all ziwi for several days.

Reactions: LindaH

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
I get the cans from a local pet store in Austin. It's one of those foods that, if you're not getting online, only the really committed and in-the-know stores carry.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay guys, thanks a lot for the information. I really do appreciate you help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts