Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A couple of weeks ago, Zohran (Ziris's brother) got to go to the "National Pet Week" in Amsterdam to represent the breed at an "expo" type thing. The Dutch Kennel Club asked for a representative of each breed. There were ALL KINDS of animals of there. Dogs, Cats, Horses, Livestock, Fish, Reptiles...you name it.

It is so that the general public can come and see and interact with diffrent kinds of animals. The Dutch Doberman Club wanted to be sure that the dog that went was nice and stable and sociable. Also, that they could interact with diffrent types of people, animals, kids...whatever.

So, Zohran went for the dobes :) He represented the breed really well. He met lots of people, and got tons of attention, didnt have a problem with any of the animals, and overall gave a very positive image for dobes. Alot of people there seem to be afraid of them also....but I think Zohran seemed to dispell that myth :)

I'm very proud of him and Annelies. I know our breeder is also. Zohran is also training in IPO (same as Ziris) Here are some photos.

This is the website for the event. Shows some of the animals.
http://www.huisdierendagen.nl/

and a very nice picture of one of the horses

I am very happy that the dobes were so well represented, especially since it was by the brother of my little Z-girl :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/p64d97a4925f6b691cf665fb3121e9f71/e92ef639.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
That is just sooo wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing this. He really is adorable! So long and lean and CUTE! I love his natural look.

Carol & Petey

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww what a special occassion :) I would have like to go! lol too bad most of us dont live there :) lol.
Congratulations to Ziri's Brother!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Congrats Z's brother! too cool!

Reactions: Annelies

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
What a handsome guy! Beautiful color.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
That looks like a lot of fun - good for Annelies.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Way to go!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
He is handsome BiB, would'nt you love to have Ziris and him meet up?? I remember when ******* met her brother. It was pretty neat to see the two of them together.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Quite nice to see. Please show some pics if you can when he is not a pup anymore grown up and filled out. Would like to see how the males turn out in that litter thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sounds like a great event. Glad that dobes were so well represented (by a handsome man, I must say). Do all of Ziris' littermates names begin with a "Z"?

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like a great event. Glad that dobes were so well represented (by a handsome man, I must say). Do all of Ziris' littermates names begin with a "Z"?
Yep, Ziris, Zorhan, Zarah, Zen, Zascha and three others that I cant remember their names. There were 6 females and 2 males in her litter.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
And with a full tail too,something we are going to have to get used to here!!
They do a similar thing here at Cruft's called Discover Dogs where you can meet all the different breeds(only of dog though,don't it would be a good idea to have cats and or rabbits or suchlikes at Crufts)

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Zohran looks so calm and content, why would anyone assume he'd be aggressive? People never cease to amaze me....Very handsome boy, obviously loves his Annelies. Thanx for sharing.

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. It sounds like he was a great ambassador for the breed.

·
Banned
61 Posts
Well everbody thanks for the nice reactions! I forgot the check the dobermantalk for a few days so I didn't knew that my photo's were here :D. And yes he did great over there, he was quit calm and he just loves everybody so all the people that see him could get a lick from him. There were also people that considerd (anticipate?) to take a dober in the future because they didn't knew what a great breed it is, untill they met Zohran:tongue22: . It was funny to see the reactions of the visitors at a dobermann, most of the people still think that they have croped ears and short tails ( i don't know how because it is prohibited for several years in the Netherlands). When they see ( saw?) Zohran the just didn't recognize him as a dobermann.

And for the people that want to see him growing up, just check my website! I'll take some picture these days during a walk with him. I will also translate the commant in english for you.
http://zohran.mijndobermann.com

·
Banned
61 Posts
When you want see some photoreports, then click at "avonturen" and then at the titles such as 'Huisdierendagen in RAI' or 'trainen zaterdag 19 mei' .

1 - 20 of 25 Posts