Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Very nice job, BIB! Ziris carries herself with such pride and confidence...so much more than just a pretty face! Go Ziris! Thanks to the stars and the filmmaker for making the video!

Oh yeah, and PS...you will need to spend an exorbitant amount of training time with Ziris over the next year so why don't you just go ahead and send Rommel to me...:sunglasse

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I loved the video, she is really getting the hang of it. Looks like one happy healthy well exercised young lady.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Awesome video! Thanks for sharing. Even the kids were rocking out to the song!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
That was great :) She gets so proud of herself carrying the sleeve (is that what it's called?) - She seems to really enjoy it and looks so happy. Great Job on the video!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Great vid BIB. She looks so happy at what she does.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
O.K. where has the puppy gone? she looks as big as Rom now:)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Great video Amanda, how long does she work with the rag or jute or whatever that is called before she is introduced to the sleeve??

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
No set time to switch a dog from rag to tug to sleeve. Everything is up to the dog. There are also 4 different type (level) of sleeves to advance to as well. The first one being puppy...the last one a trial sleeve. They are harder as they move up in level. Everytime you teach something new....like the bark and hold - usually you move down a sleeve - makes it that much more enjoyable for the dog.

I found out the hard way...when a handler or helper is in a hurry to move to sleeves...it can put you back months in training. A dog can't even trial for a SchH 1 until they are at least 18 months old......no sense in hurrying things along:)

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Wow, she is 5 months? What a big girl and so healthy looking. I forget how fast they grow. I guess I'm up for more surprises.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
HEHE!! Looks like Duchess but she just doesnt do "Give"

She looks great! Nice to have an activity to do that they enjoy so much!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
She looks GREAT! (as she always has) You can really see how hard you have BOTH worked :)

(I clicked it last night to watch and then my sister called from out of state so I had to come back this morning :D)

·
Doberman lover
72 Posts
Cool video - she has a nice bite.
Are all of her teeth in? I worry about pulling Brusco up because of all of his baby teeth.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts