Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ziris got her ears cropped last Tuesday, she also got her tail docked and her dewclaws removed.

Here are some pictures

Waiting on the vet

Mmmmm...Rommels leash is sooooo yummy

She was just as wild as she was before the surgery.

Such a cutie

Airing out for a bit, after dunking her head in the water bowl.

Mom, could you fill up this food bowl?

Back to the vet today

Old Mother Hubbard Bones Rock, mom!

The vet told me she has really good ear cartlidge and he thinks they will stand easily. Hmmmm, we will see....I hope he is right!:cool2:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Poor baby...she is such a doll....but I hate to see them have surgery of any kind I feel so bad for them, she doesn't seem any worse for the wear tho...I know you have to be relieved it's all done and over with!!!!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh I am. She is such a monster though......this has not slowed her down a BIT! I think it has made her even more honery than she was when she got here! Her and Rommel are like two different breeds.........she keeps me on my toes thats for sure. But she is awesome, and I think she is going to grow up to be a reeeaaaaaaalllly nice little working girl.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
She looks so pitiful in all her bandages.............I know its not that big of a deal, I think they use it for their advantage too! :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww she is so cute though lol she suddenly looks so much smaller with all the headgear :) lol. Thanks for posting the pictures :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She looks like a little spitfire. A cute little doll non the less though. In the first pic it looks like she is looking at her tail wondering if you really are going to take it away. Did you go to the same vet that recropped Rommel? I hope it is a speedy posting for you.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised how well her ears stood when airing out...
She is wonderful!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
aw, she is so cute. i wonder what your breeder will think, have you sent her pics? those ears sure stood fast- not that your thru posting! lol. i know a lot of dobes get them removed, but im just curious why you want the dewclaws done as well.

We need more pictures!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Her and Rommel are like two different breeds..........
I am just wondering what would make you say that? How? Or are you just talking about a strong personality difference?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
i know a lot of dobes get them removed, but im just curious why you want the dewclaws done as well.
I know when we got coco...our lab mix...we wanted to get them removed while he was under to get neutered but THEY FORGOT! so he wont be getting them done. Personally we wanted them removed cause our old dalmatian one time she ripped it from taking a turn weird while running fast....or something...we just figured while he was under to get them removed so that there arent any situations like before. also now since coco still has them...he comes in with chunks of mud and grass caught on them...and if we don't remove it right away and it dries...its pretty hard to get off...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Glad they are already standing nicely. Hopefully you won't be posting for long. One of my puppies was posted until 9 months.

I have a boy like your Ziris, at least the way you describe her. Active as can be, overly active, very curious, very bold. A real spitfire and handful. Loves to work, lives to work, he NEEDS a job. Always into something, always looking for something to do. He can and has ran for hours upon end, he makes people tired just looking at him. Prey drive out of the roof, makes it hard for him to focus when in high drive. Also he is very goofy with his chosen people, but only obedient with one. And even then, he keeps me working for his respect. He demands attention from everyone around him and isn't aloof in social settings. Mr. outgoing.

My Dobe bitch is much easier, more laid back, yet still loves to work and is also very bold and confident, always watchful. Nothing can shake her. In fact, of the two, I would trust her to protect much faster and more effectively than him. She is very stable and also has good drives but also focus too. She is also much easier to live with on a daily basis. She is more naturally obedient and highly trainable. She is more aloof with people. But is a lovebug with her people. She lives for tug, she has a full grip as well. Her eyes light up for tug. We might train her in SchH when we have more time, as she was evaluated and was fantastic. But for now our interests and time are tied up in conformation, obedience, and rally. We only have so many hours per week <vbg>.

They are both Dobermans from show lines, but have VERY different personalities, I could go on and on. But they also have some similar things about them too, although more differences than similarities.

They are both great Dobes. I love all my dogs dearly, cherishing each day I have with them by my side.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
LapDog said:
I know when we got coco...our lab mix...we wanted to get them removed while he was under to get neutered but THEY FORGOT! so he wont be getting them done. Personally we wanted them removed cause our old dalmatian one time she ripped it from taking a turn weird while running fast....or something...we just figured while he was under to get them removed so that there arent any situations like before. also now since coco still has them...he comes in with chunks of mud and grass caught on them...and if we don't remove it right away and it dries...its pretty hard to get off...
Dewclaws are a pain and removing them just makes less to trim at nail trim time and less chance for them to get caught on things. Some breed standards don't allow for the dew claws to be removed.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
BackInBlack said:
Oooh I am. She is such a monster though......this has not slowed her down a BIT! I think it has made her even more honery than she was when she got here! Her and Rommel are like two different breeds.........she keeps me on my toes thats for sure. But she is awesome, and I think she is going to grow up to be a reeeaaaaaaalllly nice little working girl.
Ahh what did i say about her and my little M being from the same sort of lines(M being short for Monster)she looks nice with a crop though,tell you what i'll send you Mischa over and you can get her ears done,then when they are healed up in 2 or 3 years time and you have trained her i might have her back :)(meanwhile send Rom to cover for her)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
She sure is a pretty little girl and nice ear crop. Are you going to miss those floppy ears??

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Poor little bunny!!!!! BinB you do realize that she is probably plotting some karmic payback for you taking and posting the humiliating pictures on the internet. :)

cc

·
Registered
986 Posts
In that first pic, she seems to be taking one last look at her tail. "Bye-bye, tail!" BIB, she looks great with her new streamlined look. And I'm sure she's not getting ANY extra attention with all those bandages...HAHAHA...she's gonna be a top dog in every way, you can just tell! Good job, Mom!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ziris is looking really great! So, how far away is your vet from Chapel Hill? I love our vet, but she would be the first to tell you she doesn't have the experience to do ears. Not that I have any surgical needs at the moment. (My mother-in-law told me she was going to write me out of her will if we get any more dogs.)

1 - 20 of 94 Posts