Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got Zeus back from my ex husband on December 29th. He is 17 months old now and weighed in at 56 pounds yesterday. He is seriously underweight. Apparently, my ex has been feeding him about half what he needs. Grrrrrr. Anyway, he has been to our vet and is already improving. I have him back on a puppy feeding schedule and he is getting canned Wellness puppy food in addition to his dry food. His behavior and energy level are about normal. I was shocked that he hasn't forgotten most of his manners in the several months I did not have him. I am soooo happy to have him back! I have been going crazy without him! He has an appointment with the groomers at work to get pampered tomorrow.
I also got a three month old shepherd mix puppy a couple weeks ago. She and Zeus are SO adorable together. He is excited to have another dog that actually plays with him. He is so good with her. He isnt too rough and sometimes he will lay down and let Lexi beat him up. I need to get the video camera out and record them sometime. I got out their laser toy today and they just went wild! He is actually worn out and sleeping at my feet right now. :)

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I finally got Zeus back from my ex husband on December 29th. He is 17 months old now and weighed in at 56 pounds yesterday. He is seriously underweight. Apparently, my ex has been feeding him about half what he needs. Grrrrrr. Anyway, he has been to our vet and is already improving. I have him back on a puppy feeding schedule and he is getting canned Wellness puppy food in addition to his dry food. His behavior and energy level are about normal. I was shocked that he hasn't forgotten most of his manners in the several months I did not have him. I am soooo happy to have him back! I have been going crazy without him! He has an appointment with the groomers at work to get pampered tomorrow.
I also got a three month old shepherd mix puppy a couple weeks ago. She and Zeus are SO adorable together. He is excited to have another dog that actually plays with him. He is so good with her. He isnt too rough and sometimes he will lay down and let Lexi beat him up. I need to get the video camera out and record them sometime. I got out their laser toy today and they just went wild! He is actually worn out and sleeping at my feet right now. :)
So glad you have your boy back, here's hoping he goes from strength to strength and how nice he has a new sister to play with. Do post pics.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Glad you got your boy back and he is getting the care he deserves. How lucky he is to have a sister!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts