1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I saw these salmon treats at Costco - Yummy Chummies. They appear to be made of US ingredients but I'm always cautious when it comes to treats. Anyone know much about them or used them?

Treats - Original - Yummy Chummies dog treats made with Wild Alaska salmon
If it was me, I would opt for something without wheat, but I'm funny like that LOL!

Have you seen these: WildSide Crunchy Salmon Treats, 6 oz. - Dog Supplies ? I haven't used them, but they look great. I did use the regular freeze-dried salmon from the same company (also for sale on this website, which had the best prices years ago... dunno about now)... this is more expensive, but it is an absolutely GREAT product! I used to buy it by the case and get a discount... don't know if that's still an option.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
We use them! But Niz has a pretty rock solid gut these days, so nothing really phases him, and he has no adverse reactions to grains. SO found them on one of his trips to costco while I'm at agility and bought them because they're really cheap and made in the US. They're easy to break/bend/tear into smaller pieces so I use them in agility class, but the crumbs can stay in pockets. I like the little Zukes treats because they don't get crumby and stuff, but Niz prefers the Yummy Chummies, and so does SO's wallet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yummy Chummies

My "kids" like these and they're good for training in that they don't crumble too much (except for in the pocket), BUT they smell. If you have them in your pocket, you'll be able to smell them so be sure to remove them when your training session is finished.:)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I used these when Parker was about six months or a bit older. He loved them, but reacted to the wheat, itch, itch.:( I liked them because they were salmon and made here, but was disappointed he had a reaction.

·
Super Moderator
22,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, everyone. No one is wheat sensitive here, so I will probably give them a try for training!

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
My dogs approved of them! They passed out free samples of them at the pet expo last year and all of our GSD rescues liked them as well.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
My three love them and I haven't noticed any problem.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
I actually have a whole box full of free sample packages of them. I can check the exp date when I get home. I don't need them, wouldn't mind shipping them. I'm just using up my NV biscuits right now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts