Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Mom and I were looking at my sister's wedding album tonight and it reminded me of my worst doberman moment EVER. It was with the little red doberman female that we were fostering at the time. I was to be the maid of honor in my sister's wedding so my husband, the dobe, and I went to stay on my parent's farm the night before. She was obedient so I let her off leash for awhile while we were all outside. BIG mistake. Early the next morning I was woken up to the doberman sitting on me. Turns out, she had found and eaten raw peanuts and had explosive diarrhea all over me and the bed....on the same day I had to be maid of honor in my sister's wedding. I took two showers and still felt like I stunk of dog poop. Sooo...what's been your worst or most unflattering doberman moment? :D

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
EWWWWWW!
Have not had too many bad Doberman moments thankfully (but working in boarding kennels = a lot of bad dog poo moments!).

On the first night that we moved out to the farm where my parents live our Doberman Cricket was SUPER stressed. The farm didn't have any fencing, was super run down, and it was pouring with rain and dark, so the dogs had to be taken outside on lead to toilet. With all the stress of moving, Cricket got really bad diarrhoea, and had to be taken outside every 20 minutes or so, by bed time it still hadn't gone away.... There was no safe place to put her (didn't have any crates, and the house didn't have doors on the bathroom or laundry!!) so we put her basket in the kitchen and tied her to the sink... Poor girl had made a big mess of the kitchen when we got up in the morning. Not what you want to be cleaning up when you have just moved!

Another messy Doberman incident... Poppy and Cricket had a fight and Cricket bit Poppy's ear... Boy do ears bleed badly! She kept shaking her head, so there was blood all up the walls and over the roof, over the TV, the fridge, paintings... Looked like someone had been murdered in the living room.

Too many incidents involving Doberman eating something they shouldn't have, and coming running to mummy because something is "chasing" them!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I'd say when I had Razzle at the park for a playdate with a friend and her puppy. Razzle charged towards my friend at a dead run, playing chicken. The problem was Razzle forgot to zigzag at the last minute, and crashed right into my friend, hitting square in the shins with her head.

SPLAT!!!! My friend went flying into the air, then prone on the ground. She was in agony, and to make matters worse, then Razzle got all concerned. She came over, STOOD ON CAROL'S CHEST and started kissing her.

To say I was horrified and humiliated by the whole situation would be an understatement.

Razzle had cracked the bone in one of Carol's legs, and tore a bunch of tendons/ligaments. She was in a cast for two months. The impact was so hard the ER doc asked Carol if the dog had survived!!!!

·
Riley's Mom
527 Posts
Taking my puppy out of his kennel in the middle of the night, because I heard him throw up, and while I examine and try to clean that... he lets out a nice pee besides me on the carpet. Fun game! (He was alright btw, lol.)

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'd say when i had razzle at the park for a playdate with a friend and her puppy. Razzle charged towards my friend at a dead run, playing chicken. The problem was razzle forgot to zigzag at the last minute, and crashed right into my friend, hitting square in the shins with her head.

Splat!!!! My friend went flying into the air, then prone on the ground. She was in agony, and to make matters worse, then razzle got all concerned. She came over, stood on carol's chest and started kissing her.

To say i was horrified and humiliated by the whole situation would be an understatement.

Razzle had cracked the bone in one of carol's legs, and tore a bunch of tendons/ligaments. She was in a cast for two months. The impact was so hard the er doc asked carol if the dog had survived!!!!
ouch!!!

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
35 years ago, newely married and immediate family members drove to our city (1.5 hours) to visit with us and have supper.

Our Tanya was begging bad for steak at the kitchen table and my aunt & uncle wasn't use to this.
So we put her in the bedroom and shut the door / with several hundred dollars worth of winter coats, on the bed.
She was allowed out of the bedroom, after we ate, and Tanya had chewed a little side fearther off my uncles fedora hat.
I offered to buy the damaged hat for $35 (lot of money in ~1977), but he would not take it.
Luckly, the expensive new leather coats where untouched.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Luckly, the expensive new leather coats where untouched.
LEATHER.
It is not safe in my house lol
Zeus has so far:
-One sleeve of a white leather harley davidson jacket. (MIL's jacket)
-One Harley davidson glove (friends glove)
-destroyed an expensive baseball glove (another friends glove)
-baseballs ripped bare (the mister's)
-a wallet...all cards, papers/reciepts and even the photobook left untouched (also the misters)

if its leather....better keep an eye on it lol all incidents happened while we were out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I brought my bitch Athena home the night I got her, we had a 4 hr drive home, and she was pretty stressed about riding in my pickup the first time. She made it ALMOST all the way home, but right as I got to the end of my drive way, she burried her head in my pocket somehow and puked enough to fill my pocket (which had 2 sets of keys, a bunch of change, and misc BS) and run down between the drivers seat and console... I was pretty impressed...

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'd say when I had Razzle at the park for a playdate with a friend and her puppy. Razzle charged towards my friend at a dead run, playing chicken. The problem was Razzle forgot to zigzag at the last minute, and crashed right into my friend, hitting square in the shins with her head.

SPLAT!!!! My friend went flying into the air, then prone on the ground. She was in agony, and to make matters worse, then Razzle got all concerned. She came over, STOOD ON CAROL'S CHEST and started kissing her.

To say I was horrified and humiliated by the whole situation would be an understatement.

Razzle had cracked the bone in one of Carol's legs, and tore a bunch of tendons/ligaments. She was in a cast for two months. The impact was so hard the ER doc asked Carol if the dog had survived!!!!
Wow! That is impressive! Terrible, but wow!

Our worst dobie moment was injury related as well. My husband has never had a doberman before and when our pup was around 6 months old he and my husband were playing/wrestling. I warned him to watch out for a jumping headbutt.
And not 3 minutes later Cato's biiiig old bonehead slammed into my husbands chin. And blood started gushing from his mouth. Turns out he bit most of the way through his tongue!
I was so worried he'd be mad.
After cleaning his face/mouth he couldn't help but laugh about how the dog whooped his butt.

To this day they still wrestle the same.
But my husband has learned to be careful where his face is in relation to Cato's head. Not to mention he keeps his tongue in his mouth a bit better now.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
This is a black lab story on the farm, close to 50 years ago.

We had the milk man drive his truck into our yard and deliever milk in the old glass jar.
Every couple of weeks my Mom would leave a $20 bill out on the sunroom hutch and the milk man would always make change.

Once the $20 was gone and no money left behind.
Mom was thinking WTF, did our milk man pocket the change, until she looked around ligh & low.
What was left of the original $20 was a quarter inch square of the paper bill.
The farm dog had ate the paper money...LOL...and pooped out shreaded money the next day, we suppose.

·
ECHS Marching Indians
40 Posts
Worst Doberman Moments

I haven't had too much happen with Brutus. When he was about 4 months we were wrestling and one of his upper incisors colliding with my finger and left a gash that cleanly showed bone and the end of the finger nail in my middle finger. There was one incident when his front incisor (once again) left a clean hole in my left leg when he forgot to zigzag when running at full speed. Other than that, we are both still young. I'm sure there will be many more ups and downs. More ups though. :p

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Ummm so i was walking my dog on the boardwalk on a beautiful summer's night, so of course everyone and their brother was down at the lake as well!
Apparently I had been losing weight and was wearing a pair of capris that were just a waist band, no buttons or anything.
Saph decided to be an ass and i was trying to keep her from being an ass and in the process my pants fell down...YUP it was EXCELLENT.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
My last Doberman Gabriel was a saint, aside from being dog aggressive from his previous owners not socializing him when he was a pup. I got him when he was 3 and had him until he was 9 1/2. He was my first Doberman and was my first dog that I could call MY OWN rather than the family dog. In the end I had to put him down for his dog aggression and to have to do that when he had no pain and was healthy as could be was really hard for me. That moment was my worst Doberman moment, anything before that or after that is a piece of cake than having to deal with that.

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Picture this.

My fiance is having major out of town back surgery. Java is just a little too little to leave with anyone (maybe 4-5 months old).

We're driving to Ohio. Been on the road maybe an hour or two. Pull off at a rest stop to pee, get drinks, walk Java. Rest stop is very, very nice. Very well-maintained and well-decorated. Crawling with people.

I get out and start strolling toward the grass with Java. Easily 50 feet from the car and 50 feet from grass, in the middle of the sidewalk that people walk on, boom. Explosive diarrhea. Liquid.

It takes forever. The whole time, everyone is staring. What the hell am I supposed to do? Grab a poop bag? Yeah right. It has the consistency of milk. Just walk away?

We run for the car. Run. I'm in a nice summery sundress, with a doberman with airplane ears on a leash. Everyone is still staring. Disapprovingly, but seriously, what am I supposed to do?

Halfway to the car, my fiance sees me and the panicked look on my face and gathers sort of what happened. He helpfully grabs me a poop bag from some sort of dispenser. I'm frantically gesturing that there's no way. Uncomprehending, he hands it to me anyway. I'm whispering, "Java had diarrhea all over the sidewalk. It is everywhere. A bag will not get it. Get in the car."

He says, "Oh, ants."

I say, "Huh?"

He says, "The bag. There are ants on it."

The useless poop bag is covered in ants. Covered. I'm not especially afraid of ants, but when they are crawling up my arm en masse, well...

So now I'm jumping around, waving my arms in the air, running for the car. In another state. With ants on me. Fleeing the scene of a horrific poop crime. With a doberman jogging along behind me.

Fml.

True story.

·
Banned
7,471 Posts

Oh my gosh...I can imagine the pain and the humiliation!

Once I was in our front yard playing frisbee with my mom's border collie. She was out hanging around with us and during one throw, her dog bolted directly towards her and slammed right into her knees throwing her into the air and buckling over. It was a terrible impact.

Another time I was at a dog park for a friend's dog's party and Prime was chasing another dog and ran right into my friend's knees at full speed. She was thrown back and it messed her up pretty bad, she already had health issues so this didn't help her situation. I felt extremely bad.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I can't remember my first dobe ever having a bad moment.....but my red female had an emergency and pooped in the middle of the floor....well no one knew it and my husband got up and stepped in it......he has a weak stomach and started throwing up.........I've got a cast iron stomach and nothing makes me sick so I cleaned it up..............we still laugh at this story 4 years later:)

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
LOL Brianne that's so awful! I'm terrified of that happening with Elsie, won't walk anywhere with just concrete (near malls etc.) until she has pooped!

Reactions: OliviaB

·
Registered
416 Posts
Picture this.

My fiance is having major out of town back surgery. Java is just a little too little to leave with anyone (maybe 4-5 months old).

We're driving to Ohio. Been on the road maybe an hour or two. Pull off at a rest stop to pee, get drinks, walk Java. Rest stop is very, very nice. Very well-maintained and well-decorated. Crawling with people.

I get out and start strolling toward the grass with Java. Easily 50 feet from the car and 50 feet from grass, in the middle of the sidewalk that people walk on, boom. Explosive diarrhea. Liquid.

It takes forever. The whole time, everyone is staring. What the hell am I supposed to do? Grab a poop bag? Yeah right. It has the consistency of milk. Just walk away?

We run for the car. Run. I'm in a nice summery sundress, with a doberman with airplane ears on a leash. Everyone is still staring. Disapprovingly, but seriously, what am I supposed to do?

Halfway to the car, my fiance sees me and the panicked look on my face and gathers sort of what happened. He helpfully grabs me a poop bag from some sort of dispenser. I'm frantically gesturing that there's no way. Uncomprehending, he hands it to me anyway. I'm whispering, "Java had diarrhea all over the sidewalk. It is everywhere. A bag will not get it. Get in the car."

He says, "Oh, ants."

I say, "Huh?"

He says, "The bag. There are ants on it."

The useless poop bag is covered in ants. Covered. I'm not especially afraid of ants, but when they are crawling up my arm en masse, well...

So now I'm jumping around, waving my arms in the air, running for the car. In another state. With ants on me. Fleeing the scene of a horrific poop crime. With a doberman jogging along behind me.

Fml.

True story.
This story takes the cake!! Anything involving diarrhea in public is always very humiliating. What are you suppose to do? You can't pick it up! When Duke has the trots...we don't go on walks to avoid something like this. Haha. Great story!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts