Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Precise Pet Products | Sensicare

So I finally found a dog food that doesn't even have one thing that Odin can't have. Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient has pea protein in it and I don't know if Odin will react to that since pea's have beta carotene. I bought a big bag and the place I got it from won't let me return it for my money back. So I don't even want to open the bag and come to find out Odin reacts to it.

So I bought a bag of peas and test it out and see if indeed he is allergic to them or not. In the mean time Odin is still on Purina Pro Plan in the morning and for the first week a chicken hind quarter in the evening. And I will still be feeding half raw because Precise doesn't have much meat in the formula.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I think you should have him allergy tested. That whole beta carotene thing just sounds odd to me.

Stormy's testing showed up wool so I ended up with lamb allergy as well. Maybe there is something around him related to beta carotene??

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah I am still looking for a good place to take him for the allergy test. It is a really odd, its not even common in people. Its a little more seen in Europe than anywhere else. I don't believe that its environmental because it only happens when he eats something that is high in beta carotene. A treat that was pumpkin based and when I was training with carrots and a treat that was sweet potato based. When it came to the Natures Variety it had a whole bunch of things that were high in BC and that's why he had the worst reaction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts