Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I would recommend you get with a show breeder if you are wanting a dog to show. I hope you didn't buy him as a show prospect.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
no.

not a conformation championship.

maybe Obedience, agility, etc.

definitely a champion of a ..............companion, best bud, couch warmer, dragon slayer, dock diver, mushroom hunter, frisbee catchin' fool, etc., etc., etc.!!!!!

google and research.......light eyes, steep croup and low tailset.

Hugz to you and your boy! :)

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If you think you and your boy would enjoy showing, you could always enter into some fun shows. They're a lot less competitive and a nice day out. Good for socialization, good for building a better relationship with you boy and a lot of them are in co-operation with local charities or clubs. :) He's a handsome boy.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I agree with everyone else, he looks like a great family pet, but wouldnt qualify in champion show rings.

A side note: maybe its the angle of the dog, but his stance is a little off, his back looks a little 'roached'. Could be the way he is standing, but it could also mean back ache, hip pain, or even shoulder and neck pain.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
I was going to mention he looks like there is something wrong with his back in those photos for whatever reason.

I know you mentioned a lot of frisbee in another post, do be careful - not all dogs are built for it.

I guess you've lost your lawn like the rest of us.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
I guess you've lost your lawn like the rest of us.
LOL - I didn't even notice the yard. After even just 2-years living with Dobes that just looks like a normal yard to me! :)

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
My first dobe (1977) was so facial pretty, and had everything I liked visually except for the top line of her back...it wasn't straight like you could put a straight edge along it / it was more hunched, like a cat.
She was great in OB, confirmation NO show.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks for your opinions, hes a family member/trouble maker, just always wondered what show dogs looked like. We got him for 100 bucks from some guy up in the woods. Maybe we will go to a show but I know the first person/pet/squirrel/shiny object he see's he will charge and start freakin' out! These dogs have a higher prey drive and energy level than any APBT or any dog for that matter! Merry Christmas

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts