Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what is every one's grooming routine like.

How often do you bathe your dobie. Do you wash him in the tub? Do you hose him off in the yard? Do you take him to a groomer? What sort of shampoo/rinse do you use?

Do you brush your dobie regularly or do something to remove dead hair on a regular basis?

Thanks!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel gets bathed when he needs it, we dont really have a schedule so to speak. If we go to the beach, he gets a bath to get the salt water off skin, or if he gets muddy or something.

He usually gets washed inside in the guest bathroom, I put a shower head extention thing in there so that I could use that bathtub to bathe them. Sometimes if it is really hot, or nice outside I will wash them with the water hose in the driveway.

We use Solid Gold Super-Sens Gelle Shampoo, and JoJoba Skin and Coat Conditioner (Which is awesome by the way)

He gets a good brushing about once a week. I should probably do it more often, but honestly I forget. We are too busy doing other fun stuff :D

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
We knew we'd be getting a big dog when we built our house, so I made sure the mud room bath had a large shower with a detachable shower head. I use a shampoo from JB Pet Supply (puppy no-tears formula) and have a rubber mitt that I brush her down with. She does her lap-dog thing and doesn't mind being brushed/massaged in the least. I am considering getting her a natural-bristle pony brush from a tack shop to really give her coat shine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts