Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is a really stupid question, but I'll ask anyways. I see all the title abbreviations in everyone's sigs and I was just wondering what they all were. Post up your dog's titles and what the abbreviations mean for me and those other that dont know what they are but dont wanna ask. LOL

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Where there any specific titles you where confused about? or just all in particular :)

To be broad a great deal of the most common titles here on the forum, are Ch/GCh for conformation showing, agility titles like NA, NAJ, MACH and ScH titles like IPO1, ScH2, FH, etc....

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
This is a decent AKC link
American Kennel Club - AKC Titles and Abbreviations

Ch is Champion and GCh is Grand Champion

Many folks here do other agility venues and Sch which are not AKC titles. Any title in my signature with a C after the name is for CPE agility, CL-2, etc.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
CGC isn't a title (it's a certification on basic manners) but both my girls earned their CGCs and it stands for Canine Good Citizen.

·
Registered
939 Posts
CGC is AKC's (American Kennel Club) Canine Good Citizen. I had to google that one when I first got here.

ETA: BRW, you beat me to it ;) must have been typing at the same time!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
My girls just have their CGN (not a title, but a certificate). It is the Canadian version of a CGC and stands for Canine Good Neighbour. I never did try for Ripley's CGN. I should, though.

I hope to get the girls (and maybe Ripley) a few Rally titles and hopefully a couple Obedience titles as well. But we all need some more training and practice. Dance almost has her RN (Rally Novice). One more trial to get her last leg and she'll have it, pending I don't mess up again like I did last time.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Ch = AKC Champion
CGC = Canine Good Citizen (Certificate)
WAC = Working Aptitude Certificate

Jan

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
AKC = American Kennel Club
UKC = United Kennel Club
CH = Champion

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
I'll just pick my dog with the most titles/certificates.
Can. Ch. Glengate's Calm Like A Bomb Am. Can. CD, RN, ROMC, CGN BFL-1

He's a Canadian champion.
He has his American and Canadian Companion Dog (CD) novice obedience title.
He has his Rally Novice (RN) title.
ROMC is the Doberman Pinscher Club of Canada's Register Of Merit certificate, awarded to Dobermans who have earned their conformation championship, earned a performance title and passed the TT (Temperament Test).
And, as mentioned already, the CGN is Canine Good Neighbour certficate, Canada's version of the AKC's CGC (Canine Good Citizen) certificate.
He is a BFL-1 (Bred For Longevity certificate via the Doberman Pinscher Club Of America's Longevity Program) due to the fact that both of his parents lived past the age of 10.

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
I'm on pins and needles this weekend waiting to hear if one of my puppies completes a new title (fingers crossed!). After the weekend, I'll post his titles since he has some from other organizations.

·
Registered
884 Posts
RLPX -APDT Puppy Championship (Rally)
CW-ZR1 - C-WAGS Zoom 1 (Rally)
APDT Canine Life and Social Skills (C.L.A.S.S) B.A. (certificate, not a title)

Future goals: AKC TD (Tracking Dog) and NW1 (Nosework 1) titles

·
Extraordimary
4,959 Posts
I'm on pins and needles this weekend waiting to hear if one of my puppies completes a new title (fingers crossed!). After the weekend, I'll post his titles since he has some from other organizations.
Yay! He got it! Lukas earned his CDX today with a high in class score of 194.5.

So, he is UCDX URO2 Glengate's Cincinnati Red CDX, RE, RL1, CGN

Titles from the United Kennel Club get put in front of the name. The UCDX is their Companion Dog Excellent obedience title, the URO2 is their rally obedience advanced title.

The CDX after his name is the CKC's Companion Dog Excellent title.
The RE is the Rally Excellent title from the CKC.
RL1 is a novice rally title from the APDT (Association of Pet Dog Trainers).
As mentioned, CGN = Canine Good Neighbour certificate.

I could put HIT in front of his name as well, signifying that he has earned a High In Trial score along the way.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Fred also has his CKC CH., T.T., CGN, P-CD (PRE-NOVICE), CD, UCC (URBAN CANINE COMPANION) ROMC

1 - 20 of 21 Posts