Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm at work the other day talking to my co-workers about my new blind rescue Dobergirl when one of them says "so you don't believe in mercy killing?!"
He was totally serious. :lame: I was speechless. It's true, you can't fix stupid.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I can see this persons point, but not over blindness and not as long as the dog is happy and pain free.

In people, however...I find it grossly repulsive that a parent would keep a child alive that suffered from a horrible disfigurement, disease or otherwise couldn't function on a daily basis without 24 hour support.

I think that is wrong and selfish...but that is another can of worms.

Just say to him next time..."they kept you alive didn't they."

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
So I'm at work the other day talking to my co-workers about my new blind rescue Dobergirl when one of them says "so you don't believe in mercy killing?!"
He was totally serious. :lame: I was speechless. It's true, you can't fix stupid.

So often, that level of stupid is coupled with mean.

I personally would get some entertainment value out of the whole thing, as everyone's right--there's no applying logic to someone like that.

"Oh, did you hear? My new blind girl is being trained as a hearing assistance dog for a deaf person."

"Such a shame about my new blind girl--she got that way on a secret government project, you know. Yeah, it was using animals to stare thru the holes in the ozone, measuring how long it will be before all us humans go blind."

That sort of thing. :)

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
"Oh, did you hear? My new blind girl is being trained as a hearing assistance dog for a deaf person."

"Such a shame about my new blind girl--she got that way on a secret government project, you know. Yeah, it was using animals to stare thru the holes in the ozone, measuring how long it will be before all us humans go blind."

LOL :roflmao:

·
Registered
589 Posts

LOL :roflmao:
I gotta second that

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
wish you would have told your co-worker that you could make an exception for them
That's a good one.

The co-worker's comments gave me chills because I remember all the happy photos of your 4Pawschildren. Your other dogs have taken her under their paws and just love her. As long as you and yours are happy, you're a person I want to be like.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So often, that level of stupid is coupled with mean.

I personally would get some entertainment value out of the whole thing, as everyone's right--there's no applying logic to someone like that.

That sort of thing. :)
Yes! Great comments, I wish I was quicker on my toes. He's so dumb I can probably still use the governmental experiment and he'd fall for it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Daaaaang. I would have said, with a straight face.. "yeah, would you mind grabbing me a gun and go stand over against that wall, a little to the left. we can make this quick and painless."
Or we can draw it out...slow and painful lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts