Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,571 Posts
Cute. I Love ferrets. I used to have them for years. I had one that I rescued that didn't have his glands removed. Talk about smell. His oils were out of this world. No bath could control it.

· Registered
3,571 Posts
Yogi said:
Oh yeah, not descented? Fugettaboudit :)
Yup. Totally smelly. He was older when I took him in and didn't want to put him through anymore. Poor thing was starved half to death. I managed to work on the smell and keep it down. When you were done handling him, your hands would smell like ferret from his oils.

· Registered
3,571 Posts
Yogi said:
I never actually smelled a non-decented ferret, as they all come that way from Marshalls. Neutered as well.

What did you feed it? Did he/her live a full life? Or did he die from his own smell? :) ha ha ha

I've had skunks as well. Here's Charlie below.

He was decented as well and had no smell. Charlie was great.
Awww. Now that is just Too cute. I think that may work better for burgulars than a dog would if they got into the house. No?

He did live a pretty long life. I had him for some years. He enjoyed to sneak my cat food and hide it for later. That was his favorite treats. They have always loved the cat food. I always got those yogurt bites for them. Some liked them and some didn't. I fed them ferret food from the pet store. I think they got more cat food though then anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.