Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my pup for a week, she has not made a mistake in the house yet... last night she went to the door and scratched at it, i opened the door, she went out and did both her things and came back in, she is learning the freedoms of a good potty trained girl.... :)

she also learned how to go down steps, she had up covered but now she can do both

im so proud of my little girl....:3dbiggrin

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im pretty amazed also..... now lets see how long it takes her to not chew everything in my house.....she is all about chewing on anything and everything....when she grows out of that she will have free range of the house....typically from what ive seen is 2 years, sooner would be great.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yeah, my Sasha ate 2 chairs and a couch, not counting numerous things she "found" lying on the coffee table, or under the bed, or in ther dirty laundry!! She just turned 2 last week, and it's been a little while (knock on wood!!!) since she last destroyed anything, except her toys and the other dogs' toys!! There IS a light at the end of the tunnel!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i think some of my luck has been ive been off work due to an injury, so i am able to keep a constant eye on her, as soon as her little teeth touch something she isnt supposed to have, she gets a gentle nine, and a redirect.

same as poty, she hasnt gotten confused because i, at first would guess when she needed out, this didnt allow her to make mistakes and become confused as to where to go.... now the problem may be in the spring, she has only gone outside in snow, wonder what she will think when its gone, im sure she will still adjust.

im also wondering...... right now i take her out the front door, come spring when we have the back yard set up for her, will she adapt to going out the back door? my thoughts are yes, she will tell me she needs out by front door and i will take her out via the back door.... i think she can figure that out easily enough.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
My advice, start now getting your cutie to know the difference of her toys and not hers stuff. I did a bunch of overtime to be able to get all kinds of toys for my delicate flower. Kongs, rope toys, invincable rings, chew things, and stuffies. And replaced them often. The teething stage will be approaching and they will start to chew everything. We were very lucky, Nikita learned early on what was hers and she would destroy her things and left the furniture, shoes, etc alone.....Occasionally she would get hold of a cat toy and destroy it, but it kinda looked like her toys, but only smaller.

Does anybody now if a "Serial Stuffie Killer" and can be rehabillitated. I'm afraid mine is a lost cause....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts