Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a customer come into our store today and ask what Ruger was mixed with. He said greyhound and doberman..I think that's it due to the long pointed nose. My husband said politely. no..he is all doberman. He has natural ears. Maybe that is throwing you off. The customer said...oh yeah, that's it!

Thinking back on what this guy asked....I don't think I have ever seen a black and tan greyhound. I guess you just have to laugh at what some people say.

Had to add a funny ear picture...just to make you smile! Kinda has that "flying nun" feel.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
I suppose there could be B/T Greyhounds. The only thing in the standard about color is "Color is immaterial". Just not a common Greyhound color, for sure.

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
About a year ago I encountered a woman in a park who exclaimed, "I've never seen such a beautiful St. Bernard!"...she was petting Tali. :/

Both my girls have been called just about every breed known to man. Greyhound, GSD, Pit Bull, Min Pin, Great Dane, St. Bernard, Black & Tan Coonhound, Rottweiler, GSP...I'm probably forgetting some. One super nice woman called Fiona a raspberry Doberman just a few days after she'd been called a chocolate Doberman. Perhaps she's a chocolate covered raspberry Doberman. Who knew she apparently belongs in a Russell Stover's candy box?

When it comes to dogs, the general public is comprised of people with socks for brains. I'm sure of it.

·
Got mutt?
13,843 Posts
The general public cant tell their dachshund from their dogue de Bordeaux anyway, so who cares! :) he's cutteeee!
You've hit the nail on the head, Amelia. I've been informed that Ilka looks just like a Lab. And a Dalmation. And an "English Terrier" (they meant Bull Terrier). A few others include Kelpie, "husky", Great Dane (really?), collie, and "Doberman Pincher". At our last trial, a couple of people even suggested I try for a PAL as a Pharoh Hound. I seriously doubt there has ever been a black and white Pharoh Hound. :roflmao: :lol2:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One super nice woman called Fiona a raspberry Doberman just a few days after she'd been called a chocolate Doberman. Perhaps she's a chocolate covered raspberry Doberman. Who knew she apparently belongs in a Russell Stover's candy box?

When it comes to dogs, the general public is comprised of people with socks for brains. I'm sure of it.[/QUOTE]

The is way too funny! Agreed on the general public

·
Registered
295 Posts
I read an ASPCA email article today and one girl answers this question with "awesome!". It is about her mutt/what breed, but I'm pretty sure we can pull it off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts