Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just wanted to introduce myself and my dobes. I'm Natalie, I'm 24 married to a Navy man, we have 2 awesome kids and we live in Norfolk, VA but we're moving to Jacksonville, FL. :) We have 2 dobes as well...Sabre, who is 2.5yrs old and Kole, who is 3 yrs. We've had Sabre for a year now and Kole actually will be arriving next weekend from his foster parents. We're adopting him from a couple in Michigan. Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you so, please introduce yourself if you would like...maybe we have something in common :) ttyl ~Natalie

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Well now we have a full house... Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force wives (or significant others:) - Welcome to the forum Natalie - I'm the AF wife :) Currently we are stationed at Kadena AB Okinawa Japan. I have one Dobe named Chi and one Chi named Petri - also a siamese cat, YoYo and the best daughter in the world.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Hello and welcome!! :)

I too am 24, married and have 2 children (boys). I also have a 6 Month (march 15th) Dobe. Who I love dearly and can't believe I waited as long as I did to get one LOL.

You'll enjoy it here, I'm sure ::)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You sound like you have a full house, my girl is Lexus she's a two year old female:)

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum! I am currently owned by 4 wonderful dobermans!! I hope you will enjoy being here on the best forum around. God bless all our military members!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome...you guys sound cool. Thanks for introducing yourselves. I think this forum is great! I heard about it on myspace. There's a group called Doberman Dogs and someone mentioned this site so I came to check it out. I hope the others find their way over. :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hello Trepchick, welcome. I am relatively new here too and I really like it.

I have an 11 month old black female named Da'Kari and a new red male pup named Nash, he is 11 weeks old. Da'Kari was my first Dobe and I just love the breed, I wish I had gotten into Dobe's years ago. They are such a hoot and loads of work but worth it all.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Trepchick said:
Thanks for the welcome...you guys sound cool. Thanks for introducing yourselves. I think this forum is great! I heard about it on myspace. There's a group called Doberman Dogs and someone mentioned this site so I came to check it out. I hope the others find their way over. :)
Ohh, I have myspace :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi there, Also a military wife (Army), Im 26 and have a wonderful but pain in the butt daughter whom is 5, and 4 Fur kids. (3 dogs below on Sig) and one cat. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Glad you could join us. Also happy that you are adopting. We just adopted Apollo - it's been about 6 weeks that we have had him. He's a 5 year old sweetie-pie with a squeaky toy jones.

I also have two daughters, but for God's sake stop putting your ages up!!! ;) you make me feel so old that I think should be looking for a nursing home that will take my little spawn of the devil as well as me!

cc

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Hello Trepchick,

Nice to have you here, I am fairly new myself. I have a 13 year old Shiz tzu and will be getting my dobie in September:(...long wait

I just sold my bike not that long ago, I had a Suzuki SV 650. I loved it but I decided to go back to school so I had to sell it. Anyway's lots of good info. here..enjoy!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thanks again for all of the welcomes. You all are too kind.

I honestly dont understand some of the veiws towards dobermans. Some people act like you have a pitbull or something. I was recently told I had to change my avatar (and I know they will read this and respond) because it was too offensive or was related to the old aggressive stereotypes. lol. It was just a drawing of a doberman snarling or growling that I took from a T-shirt design. I didnt know that people needed to be sheltered from that image. I guess people shouldnt watch most of the movies or TV shows with dobermans in them. They said something about changing the reputation of the breed...which I'm all for, but showing or not showing a picture wont change anything. lol

I guess all I can say is I'm sorry if I offended anyone but, honestly I didnt (and still dont) see anything wrong with that picture. But whatever...that is my rant and rave of my frustration with this whole thing. People are ignorant...can't change them all. This sucks too b/c that will leave a bad taste in my mouth about this site.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Natalie,
I'm sorry you now have a "bad taste in your mouth about this site". This is an awesome site and I hope you stick around - I'm sure we have much in common between the military and a mutual love for Dobermans. I'm also positive that you have quite a bit in common with other members here and could both teach and learn through experience with your dogs and ours. But we do have standards and rules and in order for this to be the great forum that it is, all must comply. Removing the advertisement for the motorcycle and asking you to change your avatar was not completely my decision but the result of discussion with all (in the case of the advertisement) or at least one other (in the case of the avatar) moderator.
Considering this is a family site and the primary reason for it is education and interaction between Dobe lovers, I'll admit that I'm not thrilled with your new avatar anymore than I was with the last. Personally, I think it is degrading and has nothing to do with Dobermans. But until or unless another moderator or member here has a problem with it, it can stay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol...sooooo I cant have any pics on here that doesnt have a dobe in it? I'm just trying to understand how this place works. I've read the rules...didnt see that in it...maybe I misread it. Anyway, guess I'll change that too....

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Trepchick said:
Thanks again for all of the welcomes. You all are too kind.

I honestly dont understand some of the veiws towards dobermans. Some people act like you have a pitbull or something.
For one, Pit's are great dogs like Dobermans they have a bad name with many people, but it is at the fault of people that they have this name, not themselves. We have pit owners and past pit owners on this site too, and their dogs are wonderful pets and companions.

Trepchick said:
I was recently told I had to change my avatar (and I know they will read this and respond) because it was too offensive or was related to the old aggressive stereotypes. lol. It was just a drawing of a doberman snarling or growling that I took from a T-shirt design. I didnt know that people needed to be sheltered from that image. I guess people shouldnt watch most of the movies or TV shows with dobermans in them. They said something about changing the reputation of the breed...which I'm all for, but showing or not showing a picture wont change anything. lol

I guess all I can say is I'm sorry if I offended anyone but, honestly I didnt (and still dont) see anything wrong with that picture. But whatever...that is my rant and rave of my frustration with this whole thing. People are ignorant...can't change them all. This sucks too b/c that will leave a bad taste in my mouth about this site.

As for the avatar and signature, I'm in agreement with Tracy, yes of course there can be pics of something other then dobies on here, but in my opinion it was not appropriate for a family site either.

As for the original avatar with the snarling dobie, yes there is bad media on dobies, we are all aware of that, but why continue to perpetuate that trend? I just see no use for it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts