Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dancing_3: Odin now knows how to successfully swim. I took him out to the lake in Seattle's great weather that we have been patiently waiting for and we started out with his life vest on. After a dozen or so throws of the ball I took his life vest off and he still used proper technique :D

As many of you know a couple of months ago I had to go into the water last time and save him from almost drowning because he was attempting to vertically swim while trying to find the bottom of the lake and I stepped in the water with no shoes and cut my foot. I tell you what, lesson learned the hard way lol this time around I wore my shoes this time ;)

I even did the trust game that I do with all my dogs where I baby cradle them so that they are belly up and I walk into the water and keep them calm and relaxed. Odin was cool as a cucumber, he had complete trust in me and was just chillaxin as I walked out for the first time with out his life vest and flipped him right side up and had him swim to me without the jacket.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Woo, swimming Odin! I remember being thrilled when Elka finally went into the creek on her own. I keep meaning to take her to one of the local lakes to see what she'll do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts