Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kenai Kahlua
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let everyone know...I followed the ear wrapping tutorial in one of the stickys and it worked AMAZINGLY!!! Kenai's ears are looking so good! I was one of the lucky ones though because his ears stood pin straight without having to post them but i'm posting anyways to get the exact shape I want! His ears are between a military and Medium crop and the Doctor who did them did a beautiful job and was very economical! I'm so happy!! :D thanks for all the advice everyone gave in my previous threads!
I attached a pic of him when he was being naughty with his cone on...and the picture of his ears standing is 5 days after his surgery before I even started posting, amazing huh? :)

Attachments

·
Kenai Kahlua
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
His ears stood before I got them cropped, he looked so funny! After I took off the bandages from the surgery they were already standing...I didn't have bandages on them for close to three days and they didn't fall. But I decided I'd post them for a little just to make the bell push out more :) cool huh?
Oh and Kenai will be 14 weeks on friday! I had them done when he turned exactly 12 weeks old :)

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Before and after 6 months is some start at 4 months though. and that looks like along medium crop not shorter than a medium crop but it does look good

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
They look good! Phoenix's ears stood after surgery as well but they started to droop little around teething time. Don't risk it thinking your done. Pup is to cute!
This is my thought.
I know it's annoying but I"d just post through teething, even if you think they're already done. No harm in being extra cautious.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
My girl started getting her adult teeth about 4 months but as stated above it can vary.
4 months is about the norm. Many, if not most, are finished teething by 6 months or so, although some can take longer to finish teething.

I don't automatically post ears for six months or even until they're finished teething. I decide how long to post on a "per dog" basis. You do have to be extremely careful to keep a close eye on the ears and start posting again if there's any sign of weakness.

·
Kenai Kahlua
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before and after 6 months is some start at 4 months though. and that looks like along medium crop not shorter than a medium crop but it does look good
Haha it may look that way because he's young but its not. I got the same cut as my Dad's dobe and his too looked like Kenai's until the bell fanned out, then it got shorter looking :) that picture was taken directly after the surgery posts so they are squished, ill post another pic in a couple days, they look alot different :)
Below I attached a picture of my Dad's dog Koda. Kenai's will look similar. They are from the same sire and Dam, just 2 years apart. :)

Attachments

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Looks good but be careful of say, fools gold. If either drop, start taping immediately.

Reactions: Melbabyy and Wylde

·
Kenai Kahlua
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aww man :( spoke too soon...... his ears have little creases in them...the dr. Who cropped them warned me about them but they seemed to have worked themselves out..... guess again :( they don't droop yet but I have a feeling they will. Any advice on how to wrap them special and get the creases out? :(

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Just post them in the normal manner. People run into problems when they try to do "special" things that may do more harm than good.

Not sure what you mean by "creases" without a pic, anyway.

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
good luck
I'll be doing the same late this year...:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts