Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A four year old unneutered male dobie looking for a home. He's black and rust. He isn't cropped or docked. He is an inside dog, housebroken, and good with kids and other dogs. Don't know about cats as he's never been around them.

I'll have more info and pics on Thursday when the owners of this dog come back, they travel for work.

I'm posting this for my friend, her husband's friend is giving up the dog and she says she'll have him neutered and taken to the vet before she sends him to a new home. So just post here or PM me to contact her.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Can you get a description as far as aggression or friendliness to anything else? Food, other people, house etc, just to be a little more thorough? Most importantly can you find out why is she wanting to rehoming him?

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
please, do not post this dog on the internet. have the dog neutered and/or go straight to a local doberman rescue. intact dogs should NEVER be advertised on the internet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would rather see an un-neutered dog advertised on the internet (or anywhere else for that matter) and adopted if the other alternative is taking the dog to the pound... as it usually is.

·
Banned
675 Posts
The reason that's not a good idea is that it's too hard to tell who is really getting the dog over the internet. There are people lurking on most of the Doberman internet forums and mail lists waiting to get a fertile dog to breed. Neutering the dog before announcing it for adoption at least cuts off that possibility. Altho advertising on the internet and just sending the dog t whoever says they want it, even if you think you "know" them from a forum like this one, is really risking the dog's welfare. There are fates worse than death. But I wouldn't look at it as an either/or situation at this point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts