Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, its been a while, and ive been working with King even more than usual to try and get the agression out of him and it is finally paying off.

You want to hear something amazing? I can let king on a lose leash around new people! He will not show agression unless someone tries to force themselves on him before he is ready. Not only that, King is slowly being more sociable with other dogs. Ive introduced him to 7 new dogs succsessfully this month, compared to no succsessfully introductions in the 6-7 months before that. Also, he rarely reacts to another dog walking by. If he does react, a simple "enough" and tug on the chain gets him to stop.

King seems to be more happy in general now and MUCH more affectionate. People seem to be really willing to help me with King, and they just LOVE him when he opens up to them. He does his famous "Doberlean". Once he gets to know you he will sit or stand by your side and lean his whole body against you. And if you stop petting him, he will put his paw out trying to get you to pet him some more.

His skin prolem is pretty stable with the meds. We ae saving for some more tests because i will not be satisfied until i have an answer. There has to be something or someone that can help him without hurting him.

As for me, im much calmer because he is calmer. Im sure that helps him too. I had a bit of a set back with the OCD(fear of germs), but thanks to king, im making a come back.

anyway, i just thought some of you might be interested in kings progress, so there it is.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Glad to hear things are moving along for you and King. I have read alot of your posts in past and you have had a few obstacles along the way this last year. Yahoooo things are on the up slide.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Tom good to hear that things are on the up with King,you are a classic example of how sticking to the task will pay off in the end,and i'm sure you will get to bottom of his skin problem as well,good luck and keep us updated.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey Tom, glad to hear things are on the up side. You have done a great job with King.

You crack me up Tracy....lol

Naveen

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Tom
Great news! so glad to hear you are both doing well. I am sure that now that King's skin is more under control, it is helping his dispostition - not to mention all the hard work you two have done.
congratulations
cc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Thats great to hear. Glad that all the hard work is paying off. It is always so exciting to see the changes happening.

·
Registered
333 Posts
So good to hear of his progress and kudos to you for sticking with it. It is so hard for us when they can't tell us what is bothering them. King is so lucky to have you but then so are you to have him. You'll find the answer about his skin problem, just keep digging.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pics Will come in a few days. I need to go buy some batteries for the camera. King is my best friends and probably the most important thing in my life. Always love, never hate, you cant beat that. I wont stop until i have an answer or I cant afford it, in which case i will save and do the next test. Ill definatly keep you guys updated.

Again, id like to thank you all for your support. Ive come to love dobermans for more than them, the people are great too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts