Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,633 Posts
I won't lie I love a good crop! My dobe is cropped and docked BUT I adopted her that way. For me, as a pet owner I will only ever adopt a dog so if the dog that I 'click' with has it's tail and ears I wouldn't care... Having said that at least a docked tail, I like being able to have flowers on my coffee table! LOL :tongue23:

· Registered
3,633 Posts
ObnoxiousDobermanDinger said:
Personally, I prefer the cropped ears. It makes them look more sophisticated and vicious. When I'm walking in the park at night, I want any would-be mugger to know that I don't have a Weimaraner on the end of that leash, but a bloodthirsty, 80 lbs of relentless man-killing potential. You know, but that's just me talking.
ROFL Most people don't know my dog is a Doberman because she's red so really what do I care either way? What I care about is that she is trained and will protect me regardless of her ears/tail. I had a GSD/Belgin before that looked like a teddy bear, she was totally protection trained and would attack given my command! To look at her you would all want to simply hug her, regardless of time of day!

Looks mean nothing at the end of the day, for me temperment/training is No.1 :boldblue:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.