Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,593 Posts
yeah although I do like the dock for sure...Im neutral on the ears...I like the ears cropped but ever since I have been on this forum I have started to really like the floppy ears.
But I will always have a doberman no matter what
floppy crop docked or not :) they are always beautiful!

· Registered
3,593 Posts
Like I said if they banned docking and cropping I would still own a dobe...but just for people who may get confused on choosing a breeder...I would never get a dobe from a person that would leave the ears and tail natural (while it is still legal)...

· Registered
3,593 Posts
I love the look of cropped and docked...but it they were natural I still love em and have dobes :) I keep repeating myself but I feel I need to every time I add something to what I was saying lol.

I think they should ban Circumcisions on humans and especially babies then! :)lol

· Registered
3,593 Posts
yeah I must say I too have fallen in love with the floppy ear dobes on this forum! Chi, the brumwolf pack, and especially the picture of Bowie in Doberkims signature makes me enjoy the look! :) I think I would definately love to get a floppy ear dobe if I ever rescue a dobe when Im older and stuff...

· Registered
3,593 Posts
Generally ears are cropped between 8-12 weeks. There have been a couple people here that have had their pups successfully cropped as old at 16 weeks. I truly doubt there would be much success in cropping much later than that and certainly not with a pup as old as 1 year.
The older the pup is the less of a chance the ears will stand and the more profound the bleeding.
BiB had her 9 month old pup recropped (his ears look so good now!) but if I remember correctly, his recovery after the second crop at the older age was not nearly as swift and easy as the first time at the younger
and the only reason recrops still stand at that age...is cause they have been in the process of posting ever since 7 weeks or whatever...so the ear might have not had the right shape for the ears to stand but then when they are recropped they may usually already stand b.c of the different shape...
If you were to crop at an older age...I doubt they would ever stand since the process of posting while they are growing is important to get them to stand

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.