Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
255 Posts
While I understand what some are saying. Cause your right the breed wont be any different...only in the looks. But I dont think its so bad that people who love the traditional look, want to keep it and fight for it.

Seems here in the US we are slowly losing our rights on many things. I mean if they prefer that look, they do so for a reason. They find it to be very beautiful, in combination with the breed and all it stands for, which includes the crop/dock look, at least here in the US. That will always be the traditional look. and can mean a great deal to some people.

I think its great that so many people want to fight to preserve that tradition and right.I think it should be left up to the owner. And lord knows I would rather see a crop by a vet, then done by some fool out in his backyard. Sadly I have heard of people cutting dogs ears off with scissors. And I could be way off base here, but I do fear if it is banned that it will only cause more idiots to try to do it themselves.

I think it should just come down to, let the owners make the choice.:punk:

· Registered
255 Posts
TracyJo said:
But that's just the point - Any Dobe reguardless if they have ears and a tail or not, will respond to a would be mugger in the same way. I can guarantee, that if a mugger got close enough to notice my dog had her natural ears, he would be too close and Chi would react.
lol not taking sides but that kinda goes with what he said. The guy would have to be that close to know yours is a doberman with nat ears.....with the cropped ears he prob wouldnt need to be as close to realize whats on that leash.

Basically hes saying the crop is a dead giveaway.

· Registered
255 Posts
Well sorry I dont go to parks that are that dark then. I wouldnt put myself in that postion. The parks I go to still have lighting, dim lighting but lighting none the less. So you would be able to tell a cropped from a nat. Im sorry I should have thought about other places other than my own, to put with what he was saying.

I wasnt saying anything about looking aggressive. Most people(outside of dobe owners) that think they know what dobermans look like,tend to think of the traditional look. (at least here in the USA). Sorry if you took what i said as some sort of smart remark. I dont think anyone would disagree that the guy has not proved himself to be a good dobe owner. I also was not going there either. Again, sorry.

· Registered
255 Posts
"Yes, these procedures are mostly cosmetic.

But respectfully, it bothers me you hope no one can crop/dock Dobermans in the US soon."

I was going to say the same thing. While I understand opinions vary. But a dobe owner to wish others to not have that freedom, bothers me as well. I have gotten kinda nervous to say anything these days, cause i have noticed sometimes people think its their opinion that counts and no one elses, and if you disagree then your a bad person.

Not that im saying anyone here has implied that, cause thats not what i mean. Just that it has become such a touchy subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.