Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Dawg
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I’m looking to buy a working line European Doberman which I will get trained for IGP and personal protection. Are their any reputable European breeders that come to mind? I’m looking for the best quality working line and NOT show lines. This could be either in the US or in Europe. If you know any European kennels in Europe, please add them. I am experienced with German Shepherds and Belgian Malinois but have fell in love with the way Doberman look. Unfortunately, I have been hearing that the dobermans in US have been watered down and are not what they used to be. If you know some real deal one European Dobermans in Europe or US please let me know. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Hi I’m looking to buy a working line European Doberman which I will get trained for IGP and personal protection. Are their any reputable European breeders that come to mind? I’m looking for the best quality working line and NOT show lines. This could be either in the US or in Europe. If you know any European kennels in Europe, please add them. I am experienced with German Shepherds and Belgian Malinois but have fell in love with the way Doberman look. Unfortunately, I have been hearing that the dobermans in US have been watered down and are not what they used to be. If you know some real deal one European Dobermans in Europe or US please let me know. Thank you.
You can pm me if you like.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
All showline whether Europe or American have been watered down. This is due to JQP wanting the looks of a doberman, with the temperament of a lab and the bite of a mal when they press some imaginary button.

I know Swift Run has a litter on the ground, I don't know if they are all spoken for.

I know Julie Stade, BFJ, has a few mixed litters (some show some working but more on the working side) on the ground and/or planned.

Dr. Erin Deturck, don't know her kennel name, did a euro show/working line breeding with very new puppies on the ground, I don't know if they are all spoken for either.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ashley Stursa - vom Apexe Dobermans breeds working line dogs. She does 100% Working line and occasional infusion of show line mix I believe she was planning a breeding with a male that was 75% working and 25% show.

Julie Stade - BJF as previously mentioned. Tried and proven working ability in her dogs, and knows what she is doing in her interbreeding plans.

Wendy Schmitt - vom Landgraf. Working lines that have gone to world championships consistently and found success even in Europe.

Leslie Carpenter - Treasure Seeker Dobermans, does occasionally 100% working line, occasionally mixed American show and european working line litters. She owns one of only 11 dobermans in the history of the breed to be both an AKC Ch and an IGP3 level dog, her female Pearl who just had a litter.

Scott Severs - vom Bergseite, pure working lines, both foundation male and female come from Warringhof lines (in Germany)

Of course these are to name just a few. The UDC list is a good place to start although not all breeders listed there are breeding working lines, or pure working lines.

---
in Europe you have a lot more choice.

The aforementioned Warringhof in Germany. Jotunheim in Denmark. Von Bolcanstern in France, Diragos in Sweden, Yenicerin in Finland, Altengarde in Italy... just to name but a few.

Reactions: 4x4bike ped
1 - 5 of 5 Posts