Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am a new member and this is my first time posting. Please excuse me if I don't not follow perfect protocol. Just let me know and I will correct.

Anyways I am very interested in a working Dobe. The work I am interested in is OB and PP. I am not looking for a sport dog just a family pet that will be loved, well OB trained (on and off leash) and be able to do protection. By protection I mean on demand threat display and able to take a bite on command. Not necessarily be a world class PSA champion but will look mean as hell when called upon and able to take a hold of someone. Lets face it if someone is willing to try to walk through a 70 - 90 pound snarling dog then take a hard serious bite and still continue after you, they need a bullet. I am also looking for a well balanced dog. They will be part of the family and around three children. My last dog was an incredible working GSD. He was everything I could have wanted and more. I have always really like Dobes though and would like to test the waters.

It is obvious that there are not a lot of breeders in the Doberman community breeding good solid working dogs. It is obvious that it would be much easier to find what I am looking for if I went with a GSD. But I am truly a lover of Dobermans and would really like to try to get one instead of settling on something else.

My question is this. What are some of the more reputable working Doberman breeders out there? I do not care about distance or money. Just that I have the best chance at getting what I am looking for. A good healthy, intelligent, well tempered, hard working family member.

Thanks
Brad

·
Registered
633 Posts
Landgraf in CA has a nice breeding program for working dogs. She has produced several. Also Masaya has a litter coming up that should produce some very nice working puppies. I don't know if either kennel has anything available or not spoken for already, but it'd be worth a look. There is also the option of importing. Good luck!

·
Registered
609 Posts
I would be more concerned with finding a reputable PP trainer in your area that could train the dog. It would also depend on your definition of a PP dog as well. From your post you want a dog that will engage an intruder and bite, that can be expected of many working line dogs. Good luck in your search!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts