Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And you give her peroxide to make her vomit--

Don't give her a couple of chunks of white string cheese as a chaser!

White eraser looks like.......white string cheese. The only way to tell the difference is to examine them...closely.

Capri is just fine--I may never be the same again. :uuuh_2d_s

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts
Glad Capri is okay!!!

Tell me though...did you identify the eraser by testing all the chunks for erasing capabilities? :)

·
Got mutt?
13,851 Posts
I'm so lucky that chocolate is easy to differentiate from dog food. :) Still had to clean all of it up, though. Yuck.

ETA: Had to go get another bottle of peroxide after the brownie episode with Ilka the other day. She got the last of it.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
866 Posts
Had a similar ordeal with a tennis ball. For a while I had issues with Magnum eating toys, kept a close eye, took them away if eating began....blah, blah, blah. A while later (thought we had fixed the eating of toys) he became an OCD ball chewer. If a tennisball was to be found he would pace and chew and pace and chew...for hours. But, no more eating the ball. Was cooking dinner one night, turned around....NO BALL! I went into a mad frenzy looking for the missing ball. Moving furniture, crawling on the floor, even going into closed bedrooms and looking....NO BALL.... Out came the peroxide, up came almost every meal Magnum had eaten for days....NO BALL. Called the e-vet, was getting ready to head out....BALL!!!! Sitting is his food bowl.

I felt SO BAD that I had "pumped" his stomach all for nothing. Poor guy moped around for 2 days....:(

·
Registered
939 Posts
How gross! I'm not laughing with you... definitely laughing at you :D

As to the trying to hold her back during your examintation... C'mon mom.. they're even tastier the second time around!

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a similar ordeal with a tennis ball. For a while I had issues with Magnum eating toys, kept a close eye, took them away if eating began....blah, blah, blah. A while later (thought we had fixed the eating of toys) he became an OCD ball chewer. If a tennisball was to be found he would pace and chew and pace and chew...for hours. But, no more eating the ball. Was cooking dinner one night, turned around....NO BALL! I went into a mad frenzy looking for the missing ball. Moving furniture, crawling on the floor, even going into closed bedrooms and looking....NO BALL.... Out came the peroxide, up came almost every meal Magnum had eaten for days....NO BALL. Called the e-vet, was getting ready to head out....BALL!!!! Sitting is his food bowl.

I felt SO BAD that I had "pumped" his stomach all for nothing. Poor guy moped around for 2 days....:(
:roflmao:

·
Super Moderator
22,030 Posts
Laughing *with* you, not *at* you :D

Reactions: melbrod

·
joie de vivre
11,277 Posts

LOL!

I really wonder what dogs must think of us sometimes. :)

·
Good Gracious, Gracie!
1,943 Posts
Exam gloves. The vinyl ones because latex falls apart if it contacts fat or grease.

I keep them in the kitchen due to my legendary distaste for actually touching meat. I eat the stuff, I cook the stuff, but I do not like to actually touch the meat with my hands. Double that for mixing meatloaf.

Most recent trip to the peroxide bar at our house was Gracie, caught just before she downed the end piece of the bait wrapper that has the staple in it. She'd downed all the wrapping strips from what I'd sliced. Phone rang and I turned my back on the wrappings, guarding the cut bait, of course.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Oh my, just thinking of the visual! Yuck....I would have used a very long stick to poke it with. Glad Capri is ok. Did you find the eraser?

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I'm very glad Capri is ok.

When Amy was less than a year old, son comes home from high school and see the tv remote on the living room floor. Apparently it got knocked off the top of the tv. Unfortunately, the 2 batteries were missing out of the back.

He called dad at work, and I made a quick call to the vets, to see what to do next. Seemed like the peroxide treatment was in order followed by x-rays, to locate the batteries, inside Amy girl(?)...then they had to come out (for fear of battery acid, in Amy's stomach potentially), if found.

I told my son, I am leaving work asap, and I wanted him to search the carpet nooks & crannies, before I got home. Five minutes later, I drive up to our house, and son meets me happly at the door. He found the 2 loose batteries under the love seat...Amy didn't eat them, after all...lol...but it was a good scare btw.

·
The DogFather
377 Posts
Atlas has been good with not eating blatantly forgein stuff but it came back all at once and he got peroxide twice last week. Just when I thought he had grown out of it.... 'uhh did he, did he just eat something....crap...'

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
:laughing:

I actually had one infamous episode of having to induce two dogs to vomit, where I had to use my bare hands to sort thru, looking for tiny button batteries--and while "sorting" one pile, my third dog gobbled the pile that I hadn't got to yet...so I had to induce vomiting in THAT dog too.

It was one big puke fest that night. And, no one had actually eaten the batteries, although I thought about it myself, at that point.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Oh my! I have gotten a good laugh out of reading all these stories!

Sorry if this is a stupid question...how much peroxide do you give?? Do you mix it with water? How long after drinking the peroxide do they vomit.

·
Super Moderator
26,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:laughing:

I actually had one infamous episode of having to induce two dogs to vomit, where I had to use my bare hands to sort thru, looking for tiny button batteries--and while "sorting" one pile, my third dog gobbled the pile that I hadn't got to yet...so I had to induce vomiting in THAT dog too.

It was one big puke fest that night. And, no one had actually eaten the batteries, although I thought about it myself, at that point.
Ewwww.........I think our dogs are silently laughing at us.

Well, somebody has to laugh.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts