Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had taken the camera! My neighbor has about an acre of pasture he keeps his horse in, but nearly every weekend he goes out of town with his horse rideing. I finally caught him at home one day and asked if Lady and I could use his pasture when he was gone, and of course he said yes! I took Lady over there Friday afternoon, and had DH stand on our porch with the front door open in case she managed to get out. It's just a basic barbed wire fence, but the wire is close enough to deter a dog from testing it. Well Lady did wonderful! She never once got even close enough to the fence to attempt an escape. We practiced our recall, and tossed around her stuffy. She was so happy to be able to just run free. She even thought about rolling in some horse poo :eek2: untill I told her NO lol. I figure once a week of that and I should really see some change in her muscle tone, and better weight gain. I let her run for about 30 minutes before I decided it was time to go, and I swear I have never seen a dog mope the way she did! She walked as slow as I would let her head hung with a sad look in her eyes lol. Silly girl! I promise next time I'll get pictures, she really looked regal out there running like she didn't have a care in the world.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Beware of the all you can eat horse nugget buffet!!! when Gaston was small enough to fit through our rail fence to the horse pasture he would sneek over and start gobbling up the yummy(to him) nuggets. If they were dried out he'd be gagging but still going for them all the while I'm screaming at him and having to go in the gate giving him plenty of time to woof more down. Needless to say no dober kisses after those snacks!!!!! Thank heavens I saw no ill effects after these outings. Roxy also thinks those are yummy as well!!!!!

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
A little horse manure never hurt any dog. :)

We have a horse and a mini donkey, and I've given up trying to stop the dogs snacking on manure..the only place where I draw the line is them trying to sneak it into the house for an afternoon treat.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Same here as in given up trying to stop them. At least mine have not tried to sneek any in!!!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Ha! its rabbit poo with my lot!!Lady sounds just like my first girl Juno she lived for her free runs,she would run till she exhausted herself, then she would make me hang around while she spent 15 mins trying to find the perfect spot to potty

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
She had to have a great time. I would hate to smell poo breath everywhere. I thought the cat nuggets were bad enough. I think horse would be worse. Yuck.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Actually horse poo is nothing compared to cat poo. Think about it horses are herbivores(eats grass & plants)so the poo really does not smell as bad as meat eaters. Oh that reminds me of a corny joke. Why did Tigger have his head in the toilet??? He was looking for Pooh!!!! I told you it was corny!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
cody always had a thing for deer poop. and then could never figure out why we didn't want kisses after a 'snack' lol

cc

1 - 12 of 12 Posts