Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to share my excitement somewhere! Managed to score 5 of them really cheap from someone on another dog forum- so can't wait to get home and watch them all! I got...
- Walking the course: What to look for and how to plan your run
- In FOCUS: foundation work
- Dial up the Distance: How to train distance and use it on a course
- Really reliable recall
- Greg Derrett's Agility Foundation Training

Adds to my collection which so far is
- 2x2 weave training
- 2o2o contacts
- Puppy jumping
- Foundation jumping

Anyone got any other great recommendations?

Am so not a dog agility nerd... :graduate:

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like Control Unleashed - Leslie McDevitt. :) LOVE the 2x2's and even though I don't compete in agility I still like to teach the obstacles.
Is there a DVD for CU? I managed to borrow the book off someone, but don't have a copy for myself yet because it's sooo expensive! Hopefully I'll see one around soon :D

2x2 is great isn't it! I can't wait to train my own dog in 2x2 when I get one LOL. Someone at my club had her 17 month old pup weaving 12 poles in 14 days, pretty impressive! (even though the DVD says 12 poles in 12 days, not all of us are Susan Garrett!). Someone else at my club has a verrry low drive older dog (maybe 8 years old), and she entered in the national agility comp before being able to weave, but the national is now 2 weeks out and her low drive dog is weaving 4 poles and hitting all sorts of amazing entries- can't wait to see if they will pull it together in time for the national :D She taught it with food too- it can be done!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yes, there is a CU DVD. It's actually of one of her seminars and goes through several dogs with different issues. Obviously it's best if you've read the book before you watch the seminar, but I did it backwards and I still understood it. :) I got my copy from Dogwise. I think I had a pretty big discount from something, so I got them fairly cheap, but I can't remember what the normal price was.

The best part is that 2x2's are fun! I was getting so frustrated trying to teach weaves the "old" way that I just said forget it until I found this method. Speaking of, I need to do that with my Dobergirl... I haven't done 2x2's with her yet! Wonder how fast we can learn... ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts