Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL last night I put Odin's bowl down for dinner and he wouldn't eat, so I put it up after 15 minutes and after I did that he ran and got his puzzle and brought it me and was just starring :roflmao: he prefers his dinner out of this or his other puzzle. If its not in a puzzle he doesn't even touch his food.

The puzzle's that we have for him is to easy for him now. So does anyone have any suggestions for any other puzzle toys for kibble?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Puzzle toys are fantastic but I would make an attempt to see if he would eat from the bowl. just in some odd weird circumstance where he had to eat out of a bowl. Vet office stay or something? I'm a stress nut :) I have a dog I board who always eats out of a tricky treat ball but she stopped the last 2 times she was with me. Then went 2 days without eating because she wouldn't eat out of a bowl. now her owners make sure she eats out of a bowl just a few days before visiting.

Have you tried the Tug N Jug? My dogs enjoy that.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Puzzle toys are fantastic but I would make an attempt to see if he would eat from the bowl. just in some odd weird circumstance where he had to eat out of a bowl. Vet office stay or something? I'm a stress nut :) I have a dog I board who always eats out of a tricky treat ball but she stopped the last 2 times she was with me. Then went 2 days without eating because she wouldn't eat out of a bowl. now her owners make sure she eats out of a bowl just a few days before visiting.

Have you tried the Tug N Jug? My dogs enjoy that.
I haven't bought the tug N jug because I think Odin is the type to chew the rope instead of use it as a tool. But I hear you on making sure he can eat out of the bowl. If Odin is hungry enough he will eat of the bowl.

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
That's pretty cute!

Elka will sometimes bring me her Kong or her Monster Mouth if she feels that I've been slacking on the dinner delivery duty. I alternate with whether I feed her from a toy or from the bowl...it depends on how much time I want to buy!

·
Super Moderator
22,012 Posts
The Buster Cube takes longer for Shanoa. We also have the Kong Wobbler. Not difficult, but it is time consuming. She can open the Magic Mushroom and the Tug a Jug by unscrewing them, so those don't work for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts