Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new here, but have had Dobermans for almost 6 years now. My oldest turns six in June. When he was a pup, I had a LOT of time for him, and a lot of great support & advice. He's very well trained, a sweet heart.

A few months ago I took in a rescue girl (fawn Dobie) who had been left in a basement for the entirety of her 14 months. She'd been bred (unsuccessfully, thank God) three times, and was underweight and neglected (and I'm thinking, beaten as well). I took her in, because there is no way people like that should have dogs.

We're doing well on some basics (sit, wait for food, walk nicely, etc) but I just don't have the time I had with my first dog - now I'm a working single mom. The new girl, Claire, has some serious (fear?) aggression since she wasn't exposed to ANYTHING positive during her puppyhood.

I will, of course, continue to do what I can on my own (distraction and distance training to get her comfortable with other dogs) but I'd really like to take her to formal obedience training, for the socialization as well as the obedience aspect.

Our local paper teamed up with a local daycare/groomer/trainer and they have a pet idol contest going on. My older (male) is signed up, but we keep falling behind in the votes. I would LOVE to win the first place prize and get some training for my new girl.

If anyone has time or inclination - I would really appreciate your votes. My dog is the doberman with the baby, #13.

http://amestribune.upickem.net/engine/votes.aspx

I'm sorry if this type of post seems like spam, I'm just trying anything I can to get the training classes.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hi, I tried to vote but I keep getting this message.

Your request could not be served because you have browser cookies disabled or contestid was not found on the initial URL. Please enable cookies in your browser's settings, close your current web session and try again.

AS I am still rather a computer newbie, I have no idea what that message means.

Sorry, I would like to see you win though if it will help you get the funds for training.

And thank you for taking the little Fawn girl into your heart and home.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Training

Thank you for saving the poor girl from a horrible life. I just can't imagine. I hope you win the training but if not there is still a lot you can do yourself to get her out and about. The more you do the faster she will recover to some point.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi. I'm new here, but have had Dobermans for almost 6 years now. My oldest turns six in June. When he was a pup, I had a LOT of time for him, and a lot of great support & advice. He's very well trained, a sweet heart.

A few months ago I took in a rescue girl (fawn Dobie) who had been left in a basement for the entirety of her 14 months. She'd been bred (unsuccessfully, thank God) three times, and was underweight and neglected (and I'm thinking, beaten as well). I took her in, because there is no way people like that should have dogs.

We're doing well on some basics (sit, wait for food, walk nicely, etc) but I just don't have the time I had with my first dog - now I'm a working single mom. The new girl, Claire, has some serious (fear?) aggression since she wasn't exposed to ANYTHING positive during her puppyhood.

I will, of course, continue to do what I can on my own (distraction and distance training to get her comfortable with other dogs) but I'd really like to take her to formal obedience training, for the socialization as well as the obedience aspect.

Our local paper teamed up with a local daycare/groomer/trainer and they have a pet idol contest going on. My older (male) is signed up, but we keep falling behind in the votes. I would LOVE to win the first place prize and get some training for my new girl.

If anyone has time or inclination - I would really appreciate your votes. My dog is the doberman with the baby, #13.

http://amestribune.upickem.net/engine/votes.aspx

I'm sorry if this type of post seems like spam, I'm just trying anything I can to get the training classes.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
Thank you for rescuing this girl from her abusive life. I tried to vote for her, but got the same message. Maybe you could update the link. We could try again. Just let us know.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I played around and found the page, but it still wouldn't let me vote unless I went through the whole registration process....sorry...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New link

Hi, I tried to vote but I keep getting this message.

Your request could not be served because you have browser cookies disabled or contestid was not found on the initial URL. Please enable cookies in your browser's settings, close your current web session and try again.

AS I am still rather a computer newbie, I have no idea what that message means.

Sorry, I would like to see you win though if it will help you get the funds for training.

And thank you for taking the little Fawn girl into your heart and home.

Thanks for trying. I copy & paste this link:
Pet Idol 2009 - Ames Tribune

Which I hope works. You do have to register, which takes your name & phone number (but not required address, etc)

Thanks for all of you who want to help.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bless you for taking this girl into your home. I also tried to vote but got the same message. Is there a direct website we can go to?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I made my post to soon. I was able to get on the site and you got my vote. Good luck to you and your new dobie.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
OK I registered and I voted for you!

DTers: I maintain several free online email accounts and I have one for stuff that I don't look at. That's where I put registrations for things I am not going to pay attention to. I also make sure I turn off all choices about getting email.

I have a family account, a dog account, and a bs account. Just an idea that works for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts