Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have about a 800sq.ft. house going to be my hubby,Buddy(Dobe pup about 78#) Patches(Minnie Doxie) Gizmo (Papillon) over the weekend Plus an ICE Storm so none of the puppers will want to go outside almost forgot 4 football games on too. Should be interesting weekend.We all may be in the dark too talking of power lines going down.Sure hope not.
Patches mom

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
No ice storm here but looking forward to the football games :),settle down in front of the tv,keep warm and hope the power lines hold out.
ps enjoy the football!!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Stay safe and warm! I don't ever remember power outages while I was growing up in Canada, but yet they happen at least once a year here in NJ. Too many big old trees, they or their branches break and bring the power lines with them. I started picking up the Hebrew prayer candles you see in the super markets to keep on hand during winter storms - the candle is slow-burning and because it's a heavy glass votive, there isn't an exposed flame. Plus they are inexpensive.

How do your dogs react to ice on the ground? Java has seen snow before, but when she saw the dusting on the back stoop, she walked around it to go and do her business. Yet she loves jumping through the deeper stuff!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I am a storm over-preparer...I guess you just hear of so many going bad so quick. We live in a hurricane area, so you should see me around hurricane season.......Garage full of Distilled Water (thats the only kind of water my dogs drink anyway) floating flashlights, candles like you have never seen......indoor lanterns, and a packed bag in the trunk of my car just in case. I will be heading for the hills if they even think it will be bad.

I hope you dont get to bad of a storm there, I saw on weather.com they were expecting a pretty bad ice storm your way. But hopefully you wont lose power. Do you have a fireplace? You might want to stock up on wood or duraflame logs, just in case.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Stay warm and keep safe. I hate hearing about storms. We were supposed to have freezing rain last night and a snow storm blowing through this weekend. Thank goodness the rain went south (sorry south people) and the snow is still coming. Yeah! More snow! I just hate ice underneath it all. I feel for the ones in western NE that still don't have power from the last storm. It has been like 2 weeks, and they have to make it through another storm. Makes you count your blessings.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Looks like freezing rain this weekend here too :( teenage son gonna be mad when I take his keys!! (he has a ford ranger and that thing barely stays put in snow, let alone ICE) This should be a wonderful weekend, trapped in the house with a wild dog and angry teenager!

Stay warm patches! I know Orson absolutely hates going out in snow to potty but he will play in it as long as I let him??? what's up with that??

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Here's hoping for heat and light your way. Get plenty of candles and books. I hate it when there is no power, go stirrrrr crrraaazzzzyyyy:boldblue: :boldblue: :boldblue:

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well it is here Sleet,sleet,sleet no extra heat besides just the Central Hubby does not believe anything will happen??? Will just cuddle up with all the dogs,figured out how to get Buddy out to go potty throw a meatball out the door just hope the power stays on.Last I checked still sleeting wind chill 13*suppose to sleet till Sunday night maybe Monday too everything maybe shut down telling everyone to stay home.The Airport maybe some highways shut down too.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Stay warm. If power goes off and is off for 2-3 days and house gets cold keep your faucets on.
Just let them drip about every 5 seconds. You don`t want your pipes to freeze. If its for an extended period--say a week and its in the 20`s in your house. Turn off water. Run water out your pipes, flush toilets and keep faucets open. You don`t want frozen pipes. Keep smiling, this will pass.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts