Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that dobermans arent supposed to shed much, but I noticed today that Rommel is shedding some of the "thickness" from his coat. Do dobermans get a "winter coat"? Or could he be still shedding some "puppy coat"?

I will admit, I probably don't brush him as much as I should, but his coat is in great condition. When the sun hits him he shimmers! I think that is mostly the food though.

Am I just not brushing him enough???

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same one Lexus :D I got it at pet smart! I went last night and got a horse curry comb and shedding blade and also a pumice stone. Rommel loved it, I think he thought I was giving him a back scratch! Haha.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats a good idea, I dont know how well he would like it....but he will eat treats off of it now....They wont stay on it when its running though (even just sitting there) it vibrates the treats into the floor....so Im gonna have to do something to get him to come near it while its running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.