Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the Willy fans out there, a couple of items:

1. Willy was cryptorchid and today he was neutered - the testicles were inside the abdomen at the point where they descend into the scrotum
2. Willy had some abnormal liver readings from his pre-neuter test and we delayed surgery for a week while we explored this issue - Tosca was most helpful with historic bloodwork results for him and his dam
3. Willy has a new name - Yoda. He can be called either Willy or Yoda. I am using Yoda for training since I wasn't getting the response I wanted using his original name - I decided it was my low register voice and Oz accent. With Vader a brother is named, a wise Jedi name of Yoda is wrong not? hmmm? (not so good with Yoda-speak yet)

Willy/Yoda successfully underwent surgery for abdominal testicle removal and a liver biopsy (to establish a good baseline). He is resting quietly at home - had a big poop and a big pee and then went back to sleep. He has a long incision due to work at either end of the body cavity - the testicles did not show up on xray so it was a little bit of a search for them. The liver is in excellent condition, but a bit small.

So give some warm healing thoughts for Willy/Yoda - my new agility star in the making.

Thank you alll for your support during the last month of my emotional storm following my tragic loss of Boris and the joy of welcoming Willy into our desolate household - Enid is ecstatic again and simply bouncing off the walls (not to mention me...)

- Vivienne

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Awww, I wish I could give Willy a hug...please give him one for me. Sending good thoughts for his recovery and liver biopsy results.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Awe what a happy story! and I hope he heals fast and stays comfortable.
Good luck Yoda!

Reactions: vivienne00

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Love the name Yoda...............the wise Willy. I hope all goes well with his healing after surgery and with the biopsy results. hugs the Willy/Yoda.

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
Love the name Yoda. . . We have to get these boys together for a photo op this summer! With costumes! Glad to hear he is doing well after the big snip. Vader will be going at some point. . . I trying to figure out when classes start again. We got into foundation agility! I don't want to neuter him in the middle of class. Glad to hear Enid is happy again.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Sending good, healing vibes. Ky had a liver biopsy when she was spayed due to high liver values on her pre surgical screen, everything came out fine, I hope Willy/Yoda's will as well!

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Love the name Yoda. . . We have to get these boys together for a photo op this summer! With costumes! Glad to hear he is doing well after the big snip. Vader will be going at some point. . . I trying to figure out when classes start again. We got into foundation agility! I don't want to neuter him in the middle of class. Glad to hear Enid is happy again.
Well, now with the name change I don't think you can put them together. Being enemies and all, lol.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Glad the surgery went well! I hope Willy recovers quickly and is back to himself soon!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts