Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1
Joined
·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our doberman since January of this year. He came home just around the 8 week mark. As a puppy, he fashioned himself a lap dog (with the famous doberman puppy shark teeth!!!) and spent lots of time cuddled on the couch with my wife. However, around 6-8 weeks ago, my wife started experiencing relatively strong allergic reactions to our pup. At first, we thought it might have just been an intense pollen season. As I mentioned he'd previously spent lots of time right under my wife's nose (literally). However, as time went on, it became clear it was our pup. At this point, unless I wipe down our pup, all surfaces and spray the air with anti-allergen, my wife will have an intense allergic episode (both respiratory and epidermal).

My wife and dog are both seeing their respective doctors. However, I wanted to know if anyone here had experienced anything similar? What was your experience? How was it resolved?

Many thanks!

here's a pic of our boy...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,960 Posts
Sudden onset allergies happen. Bodies are weird.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
478 Posts
My friends who have mastiffs had a similar experience. They did the battery of allergen tests and the outcome is that they are both taking Singulair and one is doing hardcore immunotherapy. They have also have created one dog-free room in their home, invested in a heavy duty commercial grade (small air cleaner), and got rid of the carpet in favor of hardwood and area rugs. They are not going down without a fight despite the massive amounts of drool and dander. :ROFLMAO:
Sorry you all are dealing with this. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Great time to explain how the wife needs to go and the doberman needs to stay.


Jk lol my fiance and i had slight reactions to our skin when rough housing with them. Sometimes their paws and hair made us itchy but we would give them baths often and it went away. I think it was from them rolling in the grass outside and rubbing it on us and in the house. Hope it naturally goes away soon.

We used oatmeal based shampoos


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top