Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my doberman has wide based ears and we just took off the tapings...and his ears stood up for thirty minutes then fell down... his bases are standing up nicely but i just hope they stay up and i was wondering if anyone has a dobe with wide based ears and how their ears are doing now?

does it take longer for these to stand than smaller based or do you have any ideas to help... i sure hopeso because i would love for his ears to stand up properly thanks all :help_up_2

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Are you talking about your dogs that are 12 and 13 weeks old? If so then you need to keep taping for awhile longer. If they have a show crop it could take up to 9 months or so of taping and adjusting. Just remember for every 1 day you let the ears down it will take 5 days for them to get back to where they were before you left them down.

Just keep taping and the ears will stand, be lazy about it or take shortcuts and the eras will show it.

DA

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay... my vet said that two days down then we would tape them back up....hmmmm yes his is a long show crop... and they were fine then fell after thirty minutes... :( im gonna cry if they dont work ... ill cry for him... i dont want him to hurt or hate his ears...

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we take them off every ten to twelve days and then put them back on... my girl turned out so good but my boys ears sucked but they are better than what i thought they would be... they are standing at the base of the ear but the rest of the ear needs more time... my girl is doing awesome couldnt ask for better but they ahve pro blem of chewing each other ears and ours too so i hope they stop so that they will stand

1 - 4 of 4 Posts