Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know?
He sniffs it for a bit, then slowly licks the grass. What is wrong with him!
Does anyone elses dog do this?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
It's hormonal and he's seeing if the female was in heat. When I got my first male dog/Doberman, I called my vet hysterical thinking something was wrong. Then I heard cackles of laughter I'm NOT laughing at you, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. But he's fine :)

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine does the little chatter after the licking.....
Lol, thats cute.. I think? Mine will drool no chatter yet :roflmao:

It's hormonal and he's seeing if the female was in heat. When I got my first male dog/Doberman, I called my vet hysterical thinking something was wrong. Then I heard cackles of laughter I'm NOT laughing at you, been there, done that, got the t-shirt. But he's fine :)
But what if the dog that urinated prior was my neighbors male dog?

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
They have a sensory organ on the roof of their mouth, licking pee is how they find out information about that dog. If you look in their mouth you can see it, it is right behind their front row of top teeth. Prime licks, chatters, and sometimes foams. Ew.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
LOL...Rowan does it too. The first time he started chattering when he was around females I went home and googled it. Then when he started licking the pee and chattering I figured that's what he was doing. Don't feel bad...he licks male dogs' pee too. :shhhh:

Reactions: NOX

·
Collar Connoisseur
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha OK so then he's normal. I guess I should stop telling him to leave it!
Now I know why I get a rash when he licks my arms, eww.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
I would sooner have a dog lick a little pee...then search and eat rabbit dropings...LOL

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
I NEVER need information about any of you all badly enough to do this...

Reactions: SpecialK and NOX

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
:laughing: Just like when my husband acts like a guy -- I hate it when my Dog behaves like a Dog!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts