Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you love your dobe?

What has he/she enriched your life?

What is he/she most intereting characteristic?

What is the funniest thing that he/she does?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
10 views and no posts?? C'mon peeps - I'm sure there's gotta be a million reasons you love your dog, right? I need some "hope" right now that things won't always be so incredibly difficult with my new "child" - would love any positive "why i love my dog" to help remind me that this WILL one day be BETTER!!

Thanks yall!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Where do I start?

I love that amazing dobersmile as soon as we see each other. I love that I can have a rubbish day in the office come home and he is soo happy to see me every day. I love the way I sit next to him he licks my face and smiles. I love the way he is so verbal. I love his cuddles and his sofa hogging. I love the way he stares at the sky and sniffs the wind. I love the way he won't let me go to the toilet on my own. I love it when you can really see him thinking about something. I love the way he thinks everything in life his funny. I love the way I can't eat anything on my own. Can't sleep without a nose on my face or sunbath for that matter hehe. I love my shadow!

Kaiser has an amazing way of making everyone around him smile even when he's naughty. We would be lost without our doberboy.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Because he's loving, funny, protective, adventurous, kind, and just the world's best ever companion really.

See above.

His sense of humour and his curiosity.

Too many to list and most of them are "you had to be there" stories. I guess No. 1 is his Dobe smile when he's really pleased about something or has surprised me and thinks he's very funny and clever. But also just how amazed he looks when something strange happens, like when a grasshopper landed on his nose one time and sat there polishing its legs while Charlie practically went cross-eyed with affronted astonishment.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I call my current Dobe my little "gift from God." I lost my first two dobes to aggression and they were related. I had no idea what a really terrific breed they were until I got her. She cuddles, she loves, she'd crawl into your skin if she could, she loves to play, she's silly, she's confident, she's protective, she's...a good true Dobe. She's "not perfect" but perfect for me.

Currently, I am enjoying her patience for the new puppy.

YouTube - MVI 5046

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I love that I have never had to question myself about why I chose this breed. There is love and pride, great joy and undying friendship, intelligence and grace, spirit and courage and on and on and on.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I love my dobe for many, many reasons but what I love most about her, and dobes in general, is the undying loyalty. She is always there with me and I know there isn't another place in the world she'd want to be. She is also extremely smart, funny, sweet, beautiful and has an amazing spirit. She also really helped to fill the whole in my heart left by my last dobe.
Some funny things she does...
She hates when I'm on the computer. She bugs me constantly until I get off and go sit with her. Then she happily falls asleep on my lap.
The other day she tried to cover her poop outside by nosing some grass and dirt over it because I didn't clean it up right away.
She also gets the funniest look on her face when she hears a really strange noise she's never heard before.
She always zooms around like an idiot after having her bath and that cracks me up every time. lol

Reactions: GRAYGHOST

·
Registered
8,627 Posts
I love that even though the ride has been rough, he's still right here

I love that every single time I come back from the store, work, the other room, its the MOST exciting thing in the entire world

I love that he understands what I'm saying, even though I never realized how much until we got a foster dog

I love that he passes out like a little kid and won't move no matter what you do to him

I love that even after everything he LOVES people, LOVES the car, LOVES the vet

I love that he's changed the minds of several on what dobermans are really like

I love that he comes to me when he's not feeling well, or just feels lonely and gently places his head in my lap

I love that he licks the tears off my face when I'm crying, comes to check on me when I sneeze and generally sticks by my side when i'm upset

I love the face he makes before he sneezes, and the look on his face when he accidently gets wet

I love his zoomies

I love that even after all the mistakes I've made as a first time owner, he STILL thinks I'm the greatest thing in the entire world

I love how fast his nubbin goes when he sees me and that when I say NUBBINSS!! he just wiggles it faster

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I just have to may reasons to list why they complete my life.

My dobes are the first thing I see in the morning and the last thing I see before I go to sleep......I have owned dobes so long I could never ever think I could ever live without them...

Dobermans are the perfect breed, loyal, affectionate, smart, clean, elegant,
great kissers, best bed warmers ever, watch dog...shall I continue...
Oh, they are sooooooooooo cute too!

·
Registered
755 Posts
-He is ridiculously handsome, energetic, playful, sooo smart, and hilarious. He makes my day everyday.

-My ability to love and laugh. I am normally a very serious person, but he cracks me up constantly and I feel like a little kid when i'm chasing him in the yard or tossing toys for him. He has also made me a more responsible and caring person. He brings out my maternal instinct :p (which I never thought I had)

-He has a single white hair on his back, sleeps on his back with his legs spread and mouth hanging open, likes to sleep in odd places.

-He locks peoples ankles with his paws to make them stay. He also likes to sleep in the bushes on the rocks and sticks his head out. Its hilarious because sometimes I panic and think he ran out of the yard, but then I look around and I see bushes... bushes... more bushes... hey a doberman head sticking out of the bushes... and he is very good at knowing where I am in the house. Oh and I LOVE how when I am kneeling or sitting, or even standing up he tries to stick his butt on me to push me down, so that he can lay on my entire body. 60 pound lap dog!!!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

...let me count the ways! He is perfect, that's why I love him. His goofy grin, the way he loves on the kitties, the way he throws his head back for neck petting on the couch, usually over my laptop keyboard, how he rests his head on my shoulder in the car, just...everything.

He gives me the motivation to get outside every day, he gives me something to constantly study, we do therapy visits together, we go to training, we go running, we sit on the couch and share apples, in essence, Wonder has made me happier, fitter, healthier, more balanced and more charitable.

What is he/she most interesting characteristic?

He has an innate knowledge of how to act around different people, I ALWAYS trust his instincts about people.

When he does something really bad and gets put in a down stay, he will eventually roll into a "dead dog" and make sad eyes at me, then bite at his bed. Gets me every time. <sigh>

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
What is there NOT to love? :biggthump

Reactions: Jenny

·
Registered
371 Posts
Why I love my Isis

Thanks! :thumbsup:
OMG, how much time do we have? I could fill a book with why I love her so much. There will never be another like her.....and I am trying to hold onto her as long as she is comfortable and happy....even though the surgeon told us 4-6 months...I don't believe it):nana:

Of all the pets I have had, she is undoubtedly the most loving, endearing, intelligent and beautiful fur baby ever.I have never loved an animal the way I love her....she is so much more....she is my friend, my baby, my adoring one...I just can't describe it. She is so smart and beautiful, so expressive....who could resist those gorgeous "almond eyes" and those beautiful ears.....??

While sitting next to hubby on the sofa...( and I mean plastered up against him....guess that's why they call them "VELCRO DOGS,RIGHT?...she will lay her head on his chest....and look up at him with such adoration....then she will wash his face and she does this funny thing....she places her face...cheek to cheek with hubby...and opens her mouth wide.....not sure what this means...but she obviously loves it. And of course, she contorts her neck backward, so she can get a good neck scratch done....

When I come home from work, hubby lets her out the front door to greet me....which includes washing my face completely while she stands on her hinds with her paws on my shoulders.......then she sits on her haunches and howls with delight......literally.....and I join her...it is hysterical. (Thank God we live in the country where no one can see this lunatic woman howling along with her Doberman and giving/getting kisses of joy)
I could go on and on.....she is unique and incredible and pricelsss to me.
Margie and Isis

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
10 views and no posts?? C'mon peeps - I'm sure there's gotta be a million reasons you love your dog, right? I need some "hope" right now that things won't always be so incredibly difficult with my new "child" - would love any positive "why i love my dog" to help remind me that this WILL one day be BETTER!!

Thanks yall!
No worries, this'll be a good thread you started. I need to think cause there is sooooo much I could say. Plus I may need to find a photo for some proof.
Stay tuned......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts