Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am located in Michigan, the Ann Arbor area and new to the forum. My boyfriend and I are starting our search for good, reputable breeders in the area. He grew up with Dobermans and Ziggy (his last doe) passed about two years ago now

I am attracted to the looks of the European bloodline Dobermans, I fell in love with their darker mahogany markings instantly. My boyfriend agreed to purchase a European bloodline bred Doberman. Does anybody know of a good European Bloodline Dobe Breeder? We are willing to drive, just not across the country.

Hopefully you all can help me out!!

Thanks so much,

Megan

·
Super Moderator
21,983 Posts
I hope you are still around! I've moved this topic to the "Breeding and Breeders" forum, where hopefully you will get some responses. The Midwest section of the forum isn't very active.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
There are two places for your to check. Then I recommend calling them a visiting with them to get to know them for yourself.

Cara Dobermans in in NY area
Bell "lavoro" Dobermans in the NE

There are a couple in NC also. Not sure about Michigan off the top of my head.

You can also go to the UDC United Doberman Club web site and check there They have a breeder referral sections and most bred all Euro.

If you don't find one there then I would visit the DPCA breeder referral list also. Not all will be Euro bred but unless you are planning on training and have some experience you might be better off anyway.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Swift Run would be another place to check out too. I do have to say though that my Euro boy is a WHOLE different animal than my AKC Dobe was. He's much higher in drive, much more hard headed, higher energy, and has had a healthy share of dog aggression. Please make sure you're prepared for all of those things if you go Euro, to be honest to buy a Euro on looks/markings alone is a very poor reason in my eyes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts