Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
We have Nietzche who is 13, just lost Sal last year who was 14, JB lived to be 18 and Duke who had Dancing doberman lived to be over 10. Then there is Jax who is only 1.
Were these all dobes? was JB pure dobe? 18 is the longest I have seen someone say their dobe lived for... If so, what was JB's breeding please?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yes all dobes and JB was a humane society puppy who came with no info. Vet said pure dobe but then again...he looked pure but one never knows when the dog is a rescue. Guess we have just been really lucky.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
We have Nietzche who is 13, just lost Sal last year who was 14, JB lived to be 18 and Duke who had Dancing doberman lived to be over 10. Then there is Jax who is only 1.
TimDom - looking on Petfinder, it looks like Desert Harbor Rescue has a couple of dobes on hand right now.

Reactions: HerMewMew

·
Registered
54 Posts
My boy Magnus died at 9...cardio. He fell over at the foot of my bed...i thought he just fell off the bed & hurt himself, like a broken leg or something....if only. Sigh. By leaps & bounds the biggest heartbreak of my entire life. He was a crazy nut...people were shocked when they asked how old he was...they assumed 2 or 3 the way he tore around the park. I now have super sweet Charm who will soon be 7 & easily keeps up with her much younger 4 legged friends.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks but 2 dobes is a handful, we were looking back in January and ended up with Jax off of Craigs list. Trust me, one puppy is All Nietzche would have in the house and there is no doubt that our lives run around his at this time of his life, he has us well trained. I did talk to Desert when we were looking though.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Thanks but 2 dobes is a handful, we were looking back in January and ended up with Jax off of Craigs list. Trust me, one puppy is All Nietzche would have in the house and there is no doubt that our lives run around his at this time of his life, he has us well trained. I did talk to Desert when we were looking though.
Thanks for the update. I looked back thru your posts before I asked about your dog's age just to be sure it wasn't already there and noticed you had bad luck trying to find a rescue. Good for you for picking up one earlier. Now you need to start a new thread with a few photos of Jax and a little info about him :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
The red boy we had when I was a kid passed away at 13. Mom's Australian shepherd died at 16.

·
Maximus Odin Aurelius
549 Posts
Our first dobe, Dartagnan, was 11 years and 8 days old when he passed from an enlarged heart and liver disease. I've read that they are suppose to live between 10-13 years but my breeder says anything over 8 years is a gift.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a red doberman named Braunson who is 15 years old on March 17th...he has some health issues though...frequent urination,poor eye sight and authritis in his back...but I dote on him and cook for him as well.:butfly:

·
Registered
975 Posts
My Suede is 10.5 yrs and still the undisputed queen of the house. We recently lost Viva who was 13.5 yrs old and her heart was still good..she also could no longer get up.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
This is a pic of my "niece" Natasha, she will be 18 in May:
Oh please do tell how she's doing...and by all means if there is any registration on her would love to know her background. She looks amazing!!!

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Atlast old age quickly crept up on my beautiful boy Zac, he made it to 17yrs and 4 months
Rest in peace baby boy x
I am so sorry to hear this. What a wonderful age. Do you know what his breeding was by any chance? We like to learn about long-lived lines.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts