Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious as the majority has them now. :)

I have 6g in, but I'd like to go to.. 00g I think? I saw cuteee 4gs yesterday but just couldn't.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
LOL
General off topic Bug..

You have probably seen people with pierced ears that are stretched out so that there are holes in their ears.
In some indigenous cultures around the world it is cultural. However, to the pierced communities it has become fashionable.

I don't know - I think anything over 0g is too much. But then again - it is not something I would do to begin with.

Sue

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe this thread wont take off as I had hoped. :( oh well!
I went to the mall yesterday to find a dress & saw tons of people with like 9/16.
I've also been to a lot of horse events where people have them.
Just curious of any DTers had them.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I do! I am at 12mm I think, don't know what gauge that is anymore... I will find a pic :)

Reactions: Sinister

·
Premium Member
11,794 Posts
LOL
General off topic Bug..

You have probably seen people with pierced ears that are stretched out so that there are holes in their ears.
In some indigenous cultures around the world it is cultural. However, to the pierced communities it has become fashionable.

I don't know - I think anything over 0g is too much. But then again - it is not something I would do to begin with.

Sue
LOL...I wasn't paying enough attention to what forum that came from since I picked it up from "new posts".

Yeah, I've seen them--I remember when I saw the first one on a 15 or 16 yo girl wondering if it would be carried to the extreme that it was in the cultures where I originally saw the stretched lobes and how it was accomplished.

Thanks, National Geographic...<g>

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Oh Discowhore, I loooove your hair colors! I sure wish I could do my hair like that.

Gotta question for you with the stretched ears, forgive me if it's dumb... do you have to keep stretching them?

·
Bad Wolf
960 Posts
Had mine at 4 and 6, pretty tame. Moved into office work, lost ALL my piercings, ears healed up alright. If you look though, you can tell they were once stretched. I miss my piercings :(

Reactions: Sinister

·
Registered
609 Posts

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

And just to add, this is a new trend I'm trying to start.

I call it Lizarding.......(no lizards were hurt in the making of this photo)

My wife and I have since allowed ours to close up. Between careers and having children we figured toning down was in order. Her's are un-noticeable even though hers were the larger than mine she stretched hers very slowly. Mine have shrunk abit but i could still easily get a 2 in them, and I have had nothing in them for almost 3 years.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Soleil: no, you do not have to keep stretching them up, but you keep ones in that are the size you are at.

Disco_whore: I admire your other piercings & hair! I put blonde in mine & never dyed it turquoise like I wanted.

Dethmetal: its not all bad :) I tore mine going 12-8 so they're stuck at 6. I have metal 4g pinchers that will NOT go in..

Tperkins: you & your wife look so cute!

Looking at mine now they look like 8s.. but their package said 6.. him.. maybe I was lied to!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Whenever I was younger and I wanted to stretch my ears or get tattoos or anything like that, my mom would look at me disapprovingly and say, "Are you going to like that when you're 40?" And it always stopped me. :lol: I think it looks neat though. And too painful for me.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Whenever I was younger and I wanted to stretch my ears or get tattoos or anything like that, my mom would look at me disapprovingly and say, "Are you going to like that when you're 40?" And it always stopped me. :lol: .
Tell your Mom I'm still pretty happy with my tattoo at age 50+ :):) But I only have one, and it's in a very discreet place. I think that probably makes a big difference in how people might feel about these things years down the line.

Stretched ears-just not my thing at all...

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Bhaha Murrey now you got me wondering what your tattoo is of... :lol: I keep thinking I could get one in a discreet place but then I start thinking, what on earth is important enough to me to have it tattooed on me? I just can't think of anything. Not the type to get a name tattooed.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I have my ears stretched... to a 20! haha. Kidding, no I don't have them stretched. Probably the only person in history to be a body piercer at a piercing shop and resist, just seen WAY too many blown out ears to want to be mean to mine.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have 4G. Originally I had intended to go to 0, but I quickly became fond of 4G and stopped here.

I used to work as a body piercer. Tapering is definitely becoming more mainstream, the tips from a simple taper really supplemented to income from actual piercings. Some days I'd make more in taper sessions than piercing.

Regarding blow outs, I've never given one or had one myself. I think one of the biggest reasons its so common is many piercers are willing to jump guage to quickly or too many in one session. (granted, small town.)

For example, I had one kid that wanted to go from a 22 to a 0 in ONE SITTING. I told him I'd take him to a 18, nothing larger. I warned him that he WOULD get a blow out and what that meant. I refuse to do more than 2 guages in one sitting on the high end and one per sitting every few weeks on the low end. He argued with me, cussed me out and went next door. (The kid, 16, was also cussing out and bossing around his mother.) The piercer next door did it. Kid got a blow out. He came back to me begging for help, it was BAD! But, the only thing that he could do was go to a Doctor at that point. I warned the little snot.

As for tattoos and aging. I look forward to being a crazy, short old lady making up stories about my tattoos. "The year was 1948. We were in the trenches in France, running low on martinis and our push ups were wearing thin..."

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Hmm, no stretched ears, but I'm thinking of asking for a Mobali lip plate for Christmas this year.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts