Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just ran across an ad for a "UNIQUE" doberman offered "at stud" The markings are white? or entirely too light . I have to be honest I have seen straw, light markings but never this. Apparently the dog is Euro and American Z factor....any definiton of how this happens is it the Z...??? Should also add the fee was $800.00...

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I can't see the picture, but likely the markings are just super light tan. I don't think there are "white" marked dogs. Z factor dogs look like others on the outside but may contain one gene for albinism.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Oh good grief!!! Just like a byb to take something totally unacceptable and try to pass it off as unique! I dont know how those markings came to be either, but you are liable to get weird things with byb dogs as no telling what all is in their bloodlines. We have seen a lot of strange dobermans from byb lines. Let's not forget the "tiger gene"!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Where did you see the ad?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Humm.... Those are very White-Light markings!
I have no clue, I just was commenting on the photo.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I have heard of what they refered to as the Eukanuba frosting. In which some Dobermans fed Iams or Eukanuba food have a frosted appearence. Once they switched foods they darked up. Not sure if this is it or not. But it is definatly odd looking.

Reactions: bubsy and HerMewMew

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where did you see the ad?
I wasn't sure that I could legally post the pics although they did not come from a website but rather just an ad for a male being offerd at STUD for a fee of $800.00. I suppose I just can't comprehend why people do not understand the standard, register puppies with AKC and yet have no respect for the breed as a whole. Seems to me the puppy looked as sweet as he could be but WHY now BREED him for could be the logical reason? I know at $800.00, a pop, money??? But it is still hard to swallow!Why not just enjoy him for what he probably is, a nice little dog! If you would like to PM I will certainly be happy to let you know the site.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just don't see anything cool or flattering about it. I love the look of the doberman with rust markings. Even if on occassion you may see more of a tan! But this is an issue that could be very easily perpetuated.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Humm... On second thought... Maybe it could be a second mutation ontop of the albino mutation? Let's face it I recently read a news article with pictures talking about a young colored woman being mistaken for a white woman in the days where skin color mattered greatly! Her mother and Aunt were so light they looked white however they were not.

I wonder about this like having cats or even dogs with two different colored eyes???

Just a quick thought :0)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
His nose isn't solid black, but rather liver-colored? Does anyone else see this or are my eyes getting worse?
I think the ad also stated something about CHOCOLATE PADS!

Would the Eukanuba frsoting take place over the course of time ? or would it appear on such a young puppy as the first pic indicated? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,479 Posts
Makes the dog look old, in my opinion. I hope this thing doesn't become all the rage. Whether it's genes or diet, any of you have any idea if there are health consequences associated with the coloring?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Maybe they think they can start a "designer dog" with the markings the way they are...And some people will fall for it too...Maybe the dog is lacking the gene for rust colored markings...whats the coloring called...melanine?? not sure..But then who knows maybe the people that have him painted him that way...I don't put NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING past idiot byb's....to make a buck!!!

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
To me, it would seem unusual for a food to cause this. And, having fed my dogs euk peformance for over 10 years now, I have never had an issue with markings and all of mine are pretty dark rust.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts