Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I guess I'm a little surprised at this ruling. Not what I expected after the recent TT situation.
I'm not the least bit surprised, considering the people who got elected.

Before you people start thinking our current board is so wonderful for doing this, take a look at what they've done to our COE.

This board hasn't even been seated for a month yet, Lord knows how much damage they're going to do in the long run.

·
Vicious Bitch.
3,079 Posts
So wait, unaltered dogs can compete in the top 20? If so I am not okay with that.
All white/albinos that are altered and preforming I don't mind.

·
formerly eventermal
3,498 Posts

Before you people start thinking our current board is so wonderful for doing this, take a look at what they've done to our COE.

This board hasn't even been seated for a month yet, Lord knows how much damage they're going to do in the long run.
Wow. I just compared the new COE with the old. The new definitely seems lacking and open to interpretation...

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
So wait, unaltered dogs can compete in the top 20? If so I am not okay with that.
All white/albinos that are altered and preforming I don't mind.

That is to bad - I am excited albinos can compete however I think they should be required to be altered and compete with an ILP/PAL

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Motion 12-19 passed overwhelmingly and now the white Doberman is legal to compete in Top 20 obedience/performance events at the Nationals.

No WAC's unless altered. No conformation events.
I have to say that I agree that they did the right thing - acknowledging that albinos are indeed a Doberman even if no one likes that they have been bred ... may be unpopular with some people - but I for one think that anyone who is dedicated enough to train any Doberman for a performance sport should be able to compete at the Doberman national. JMHO

If you say that one Disqualification is not able to show in performance events, then to be fair you would have to say that no Doberman with a disqualification could show. So no mouth disqualifications, no missing testicles, etc... IMHO by trying to be exclusionary, the DPCA left themselves wide open for a discrimination suit. That has now been fixed and I for one agree.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Again, I'm not into knocking who's in. Those that are in, are in because they were voted overwhelmingly in by the fancy. It amounts to the same issue about the judge's pick at the National. Nobody likes the side that does not see it there way. It looks like a majority of DPCA members saw things the other way. Who's on the board is a result of what the majority voted for.

I like who's in. Those that had been in were a nightmare.

I haven't looked at the COE yet. But there have always been people complaining about it since I can remember.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I wasn't aware there were major changes to the COE - anyone have a copy of the old one they could post here or maybe in a new thread?

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Well, if the albino dobes can compete intact then what a wonderful place the National will be to showcase albino breeding stock.

Oh wait......they're not albinos, they're white....the fifth color.

<end sarcasm>

1 - 20 of 34 Posts