Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the whippets want an already occupied spot on the couch they just go plop down on top of the current occupant. This can make for rather large and deep piles. Cher however realizes that she is too large to just go over and plop down on the whippets. So she carefully eases first one foot, then the other...holds still and waits....then the next foot and finally the last...precariously perched on the very edge of the couch. She then assesses the situation and carefully finds footholds in amongst the bodies. Eventually she positions herself standing over the top of the offending dog(s). Then comes the long wait, usually looking to me for help. She's on her own. Fine. She very gradually starts lowering her body. Lower....lower....carefully coming in contact with the dog(s) that she so desperately wishes were not in the ONLY good sleeping spot in the entire house. She gradually increases the weight until the offending whippet(s) let out a muffled squawk of discomfort and wriggle out from underneath her. Aha! Victory! She then lets out a huge sigh if contentment and settles in. Inevitably however there is some noise somewhere that because she is a doberman she must jump up and investigate. Whippets aren't stupid and they are very quick, so when Cher returns from investigating she has to start the whole process over again. ****.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
That is adorable! This is why I'd love to have another dog! I miss the interactions they have with each other. I don't know if I have it in me to have more then one again for a long time, Petey although an absolute sweetheart....is a full time job and a true handful!

Carol ox

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cher is an amazing looking dog, btw.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Thanks for the discriptive story, it was easy to picture.
Poooor Cher!!!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Too Cute!
LMAO!

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of these days I'll have to capture the whole thing in a picture sequence. It takes WAY to long to make a video of it. She does her best to be invisible and takes it veeerrry slow........

When it comes to me of course she just launches herself at my chest with all of her teeth bared in a goofy grin. I'm apparently indestructible.

When it comes to the macaw on the couch...no dogs come within 3 feet or even LOOK in her direction. LOL

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
If the whippets want an already occupied spot on the couch they just go plop down on top of the current occupant. This can make for rather large and deep piles. Cher however realizes that she is too large to just go over and plop down on the whippets. So she carefully eases first one foot, then the other...holds still and waits....then the next foot and finally the last...precariously perched on the very edge of the couch. She then assesses the situation and carefully finds footholds in amongst the bodies. Eventually she positions herself standing over the top of the offending dog(s). Then comes the long wait, usually looking to me for help. She's on her own. Fine. She very gradually starts lowering her body. Lower....lower....carefully coming in contact with the dog(s) that she so desperately wishes were not in the ONLY good sleeping spot in the entire house. She gradually increases the weight until the offending whippet(s) let out a muffled squawk of discomfort and wriggle out from underneath her. Aha! Victory! She then lets out a huge sigh if contentment and settles in. .
ROFL-our rescue girl, Dot, used to do this to the other dobermans ALL the time! One of the bitches here, Murrey, used to let her sit on top of her..Dot would literally regress back to her inner puppy when she was sitting on top of Murrey, the look on her face was priceless. The other dogs would get properly outraged, and move.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dot would literally regress back to her inner puppy when she was sitting on top of Murrey, the look on her face was priceless.
Well you know I never looked at it from that angle. Maybe Cher is just trying to be one of the group and dog-pile like everyone else and her sigh isn't one of contentment, but one of sadness because she always runs them off! LOL

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Funny. When their isn't room on the couch, Harmony paces and whines for someone to get down. Asher does what Cher does. He will squeeze inbetween the two stealth-like for his spot. It usually makes one of them move because it isn't comfortable for them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts