Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live near Boise, Idaho and need a winter coat for Sieger when he goes out to do his "business" and when he helps us with our chores. Also, we run about 3-4 miles a day and I wonder if he needs a coat for that as well. Our temperature is usually between 20-30 in the winter.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I personally am a big fan of Chilly Dog coats. Both of my Dobes have a Chilly Sweater each, and I also got all three dogs a Great White North coat each this year because our winters can get so cold. Some people worry that the GWN isn't insulated well enough for bitterly cold temperatures, but I think it will be. The dogs create enough body heat when they're running and playing that they were almost warm enough in just the sweaters, and I don't take them out for a run in 30 or 40 below anyway. If it's any colder than -20 we generally stay in aside from potty breaks.

Cozy Coats also looks like they make some really nice winter coats. I've never tried them as I really like the fit of the Chilly coats, but they are another one to look into. Members of my other dog board have also said good things about Shedrow dog coats.

Reactions: Chelse

·
Super Moderator
21,730 Posts
I'm a fan of Fido Fleece and I also really like Pam's coats (Cozy Coats and More). Both are fleece. With weather in the 20s and 30s my dogs are quite comfortable in a fleece coat, and they are easy to throw in the wash if they get wet or dirty.

·
Registered
331 Posts
For the Chilly Dog coats, do you guys order the regular type or the long and lean? Dylan has quite a tuck up and a very deep chest, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to order the long and lean. Thought I'd se what your experience was with this brand. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
For the Chilly Dog coats, do you guys order the regular type or the long and lean? Dylan has quite a tuck up and a very deep chest, but I wasn't sure if it was enough to order the long and lean. Thought I'd se what your experience was with this brand. Thanks!
I ordered the All Breed for my two. Dance, suprisingly, takes a Long & Lean. Based on measurements, if you're ordering directly from Chilly Dogs, the owner will e-mail you to suggest an alternative make or size if she thinks you chose wrong. I originally ordered an All Breed for Dance, but the owner suggested that I get her a Long & Lean instead.

Reactions: DoubleDogDare

·
Broadway Dobermans
846 Posts
I have two regulars. They fit really well....I think mine is a 28...I'll have to look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts