1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doberman Quarterly

Doberman Digest

or

Doberman World (Are they still around???)

Which magaizine would you recomend to someone that is getting more involded in Dobermans ? And your pro's and con's to each. Thanks

·
Banned
675 Posts
Only Doberman Digest is in existence now. So that's what you have to get if you want to subscribe to a breed magazine.

If you join the UDC, they have a magazine format publication called the Focus that you get along with the membership.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
Doberman Quarterly

Doberman Digest

or

Doberman World (Are they still around???)

Which magaizine would you recomend to someone that is getting more involded in Dobermans ? And your pro's and con's to each. Thanks
As Micdobe said, only Doberman Digest is still being published from this list. But you can frequently find old issues of Doberman Quarterly on Ebay. I think it was a better magazine, and was sorry when it folded.

I was really lucky, one of my mentors called me up one day and said she was throwing away her entire collection of doberman mags if I didn't come get them FAST..I walked away with about a 30 year collection of Doberman Quarterly, and Doberman World.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I got my Labrador Quarterly I think I saw that they had Doberman Quarterly too. But I might be wrong.

I do think that Labrador Quarterly is going to fold too. They aren't doing very well.
Thankyou micdobe !!!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I'd would have gotten in my car

and go rigth over. I loved my LQ. They had so much info. Your sooooo lucky!!!!
Murreydobe said:
As Micdobe said, only Doberman Digest is still being published from this list. But you can frequently find old issues of Doberman Quarterly on Ebay. I think it was a better magazine, and was sorry when it folded.

I was really lucky, one of my mentors called me up one day and said she was throwing away her entire collection of doberman mags if I didn't come get them FAST..I walked away with about a 30 year collection of Doberman Quarterly, and Doberman World.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Last I saw, Doberman Quarterly was still selling subscriptions, still taking $$, but there hasn't been a magazine published in years.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Hero's Mom said:
and go rigth over. I loved my LQ. They had so much info. Your sooooo lucky!!!!
Oh yeah, I was pulling into her driveway within 15 minutes. It was a major score!

(and I didn't get much done for the next couple of weeks until I'd gone all the way through all of them)

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Blackdog said:
Last I saw, Doberman Quarterly was still selling subscriptions, still taking $$, but there hasn't been a magazine published in years.
I'm pretty sure the last issue came out in 2002.

Jon really needs to take that site down.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya!!!!

I don't think I'd get anything done either!! LOL
Murreydobe said:
Oh yeah, I was pulling into her driveway within 15 minutes. It was a major score!

(and I didn't get much done for the next couple of weeks until I'd gone all the way through all of them)

·
Premium Member
8,880 Posts
I have the last issue of Doberman Quarterly to come out....Fall 2002.......it was also my first issue. I paid for a years subscription in the fall of 2002 and only got one. I also ordered my first Dobe digest the same day and am still getting those. I think it is a crime that those people are still taking subscriptions to a magazine that has been defuncnt for 4 years.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
velmadobe said:
I think it is a crime that those people are still taking subscriptions to a magazine that has been defuncnt for 4 years.
Well, we don't know for a fact that they're actually still running credit card transactions through and people are being charged for new subscriptions.

I definitely think the site should be taken down and money refunded to people who actually did have subscriptions at the time the mag folded. But Judy Dodd is dead, and I've heard that her husband has had a *serious* change of circumstances..you can't get blood out of a turnip. These were very nice people who did a lot for the breed over the years, and just were lousy at business..I knew them well enough to be pretty confident there's never been any delibarate attempt to rip people off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts