Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Zuko's Mom
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said in an earlier thread that I put my deposit down on a puppy from Cambria. They have two breedings going on this year. Which would you choose a puppy from?

1. Ch. cambria Out for Justice (Nick) x Ch. cambria Salsa D'Nicmar (Sin)

Or

2. Ch. Foxfire All Star (Jet) x Ch. Cambria Far Niente (Monique)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Show home or just companion home? I have a predominantly cambria-lined dog that is lovely in both aspects but I do love most of what Jet has produced!

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Hmm...honestly, that would be tough.

Jet is a great dog and he's a proven producer. I do love Jet babies. Nick is beautiful though he's still fairly young and his get is still pretty young that I know of.

I can't imagine you'd be disappointed with a pup from either litter. I'd say there will be lovely pets and some nice show prospects from each.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I would want to see the puppies before I picked. To be sure I am getting the look I want.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
It depends on your goals and what you want in a Doberman. I'd list the pros/cons of both litters and see if that helps at all.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The thing I would personally consider is longevity of the pedigree and also how closely linebred the puppies will be. Take a good look at the pedigrees and do some research. As someone else mentioned, the Nick x Sin litter looks pretty heavy on Eddie, you have to make your own decisions about that but if you ask nicely some of the senior members (not me!!) of this forum may give you some good advice. ;)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I agree, I would want to see the puppies before you decide to make sure you are getting what you want in a dog.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Go to the Doberman Pinscher Club of America website, get on the Dobequest pedigree database and look up Eddie's cause of death.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Yes, I know Eddies COD, but then hopfully ones curiosity is aroused enough to keep researching his pedigree. I also tend to research the offspring to see if any patterns become obvious. That could be quiet a task with him. It is important to give both the sire and dams pedigree back and sideways a good going over. The more limited a pedigree is, the easier the task. I've found MaryandDobes Glengate Dobermans Longevity site often fills in holes in Dobequest records.

·
Always Faithful
622 Posts
Had a Jet baby. While he was quite lovely in appearance, temperament was another story.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Had a Jet baby. While he was quite lovely in appearance, temperament was another story.
Wow, really? I've never heard that before, there's two parents, maybe it's coming from the dam's side?

1 - 20 of 82 Posts