Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
_______
5,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be formally trained?
Curious as our boy has been displaying at least that he can tell when I need to take a pill to control sugar. He's been sniffing & licking my feet when I wake up. Since I went a week w/o meds due to a snafu he started it up. I'm wondering if he has a talent.
Our girl doesn't do this.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
No idea where they go to get trained, but our boy Leo displayed this talent. When our girl had lymphoma, after the rescue protocol shrunk the lymph tumors, but about a week before they popped back up, he would walk up to her and gently sniff her neck and the backs of her legs. It was remarkable, and quite sad.

·
Super Moderator
21,988 Posts
To be formally trained?
Curious as our boy has been displaying at least that he can tell when I need to take a pill to control sugar. He's been sniffing & licking my feet when I wake up. Since I went a week w/o meds due to a snafu he started it up. I'm wondering if he has a talent.
Our girl doesn't do this.
Some service dog organizations train diabetic dogs. Not sure about cancer sniffing, though.

Reactions: Darkevs and Q734

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
I agree with Australdi!

Dogs ARE wonderfully amazing!!!

Q734, if you find out any information about formal training anywhere.let us know please!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts