Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Steve & Mary Ann here. The pup is on the way. We live in mentor Ohio , and are looking for some one to crop the ears. Village vet.( Mayfield village) closed ,North Ridge (Madison) dosnt do them any more.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I think the closest crop artist is going to be Dr. Sam Grant in Cincinnati.. I thought he had retired but then someone on this board got a pup done by him so it may not hurt to shoot him an email or give him a call.. [email protected], (513) 232-6900 (Mount Washington Animal Hospital). I'm not sure how far you are from him but it is definitely worth the drive. I could not be happier with my crop from him. See pic below.

And remember that a crop is something you have to look at for the lifetime of your pup so only get it done if you have a crop artist doing it! We have seen many many bad or weird looking crops on pups where the vet claimed they could do a good dobe crop! Good luck with your ears :D

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You can try

Dr. Robert Hutchison Animal Clinic Northview 36400 Center Ridge Road North Ridgeville, OH 44039 Home 440.327.8282 Fax: 440.353.0331

Don't know if he is still doing them
Dr. Sam Grant 5194 Beechmont Avenue Cincinnati, OH, 45230 (513) 232-6900 Ear Cropping - Sam Grant

·
Doberman Slave
2,677 Posts
Your breeder should have it done for you. Have you told them you want the puppy cropped? Maybe ask who they use? Cropping should always be the breeders responsibility, not the puppy buyers.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Your breeder should have had them done. If your breeder is not having them done.
Make sure the Vet you choose is experienced in doing Dobermann's ears and how long they havebeen doing them.
Try and get some referrals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts